Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

World economy problem

akiraskakirask Member
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
Guys, i was thinking in something very simple, the world economy and diplomacy in the game its gonna be VERY dynamic and important and that make a big problem (demand), the necessity of comunication on both diplomacy and trades, so in a proposicion to solve it i propose to make instancied rooms that players can use MIC or a elaborated CHAT screen.

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I mean you can just do that In DMs?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd prefer my diplomacy to be handled in discord, privately to be honest. If it's 1 on 1 I have no issue whispering someone.
  • Options
    FerniFerni Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    I'm not sure if I fully understand what you are proposing, so I assume you are asking for more tools to facilitate communication between players for trade and alliances.

I don't think we need an instancied room for players to talk about this things, you can use DMs, ingame chat or even Discord. I think players themselves will be who contact each other to create communication channels for these things.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In Maplestory you could open a chat window and invite up to 4 (?) people to talk.
    ^^^ I never used it except to force pop-up notifications on people who were afk trying to get their attention.

What you could do instead was invite those people to a party and chat in party.

BUT

It would be cool if Taverns had "private rooms" that guests could reserve, that people could bug with magic, or people could hide in, etc.

ooft what a juicy idea.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    "I have a mission for you. As soon as the sun touches the sea, meet me at the Squawking Parrot in Port Blackwater. Password: Scurvy cured my Nonna"
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    akirask wrote: »
    Guys, i was thinking in something very simple, the world economy and diplomacy in the game its gonna be VERY dynamic and important and that make a big problem (demand), the necessity of comunication on both diplomacy and trades, so in a proposicion to solve it i propose to make instancied rooms that players can use MIC or a elaborated CHAT screen.
    My english is bad so if some one can help me writing this correctly i will TY.

I don't think that it's necessary for communication but I've always liked the idea of being able to enable proximity voice chat for your tavern/player owned home. I think it would encourage community interaction.
  • Options
    akiraskakirask Member
    edited May 2021
    well, we all have good points, i keep thinking that copyright will need to think about this. Lets see what they are holding for us