Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Is there a Funding concern?

TrikyfizzzTrikyfizzz Member
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
I’ve been told that the developers are about to hit their limit in the funds given to them and there are still a bunch of problems with the game, causing it to be delayed. Is this true, and where just getting hyped over nothing? I’m really looking forward to the success of this game, so when I was told this I got a bit worried. Feedback anyone?

Comments

• JirueJirue Member
    edited May 2021
    Curious, first time I've heard this. Where'd you hear this from? What makes your information source credible?
  • Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Trikyfizzz wrote: »
    I’ve been told that the developers are about to hit their limit in the funds given to them and there are still a bunch of problems with the game, causing it to be delayed. Is this true, and where just getting hyped over nothing? I’m really looking forward to the success of this game, so when I was told this I got a bit worried. Feedback anyone?

They just finished a mass hiring and have stated the intent of bringing on another 50 devs. Why would they do this if there funding was running low?
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • AsgerrAsgerr Member

Sure you're not mistaking Ashes for Chronicles/Kingdom of Elyria?
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Steven has repeatedly said he has the personal funds to see the project to completion. The kickstarter etc were for expanding the scope of the game and cosmetic sales etc will be for upkeep, expansions to AoC and to continue the universe via other games (like a card game etc).
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited May 2021
    So Steven has so far (as far as we know) put in $40m of his own money and he's said he's prepared to have to put in more. The game has also raised a large amount of money through the cosmetic/packs/kickstarter. I think someone did that math and in late 2018 they had raised over $13m through the cosmetics/packs alone. Almost 3 years later and way more exposure I imagine that number is way higher.

I don't think we have to worry about funding.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One

Tell me who told you that, and I will personally go and set them straight.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • JagaroJagaro Member
    Makes me wonder how much more misinformation will be flying around by next week.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    If you got the feedback you wanted, you may edit the title and content of your post, stopping further misinfo
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No, there isn't
  • @Jirue saying that I was told obviously indicated word of mouth which has ZERO credibility. That’s why I posted on the forum to ask a more reliable source.
  • TrikyfizzzTrikyfizzz Member
    edited May 2021
    @George Black I doubt the title indicates any miss-information but that’s just associated with personal preference. If it’s a really big issue then the developers can remove this chat themselves. Otherwise, since the title is just a question, it’ll help other people to get an answer to their questions if they too are wondering about the same concern. That’s the beauty of having this forum.
  • @Talents Thank you for that statement, that puts my worries to rest.
  • @Jahlon I think I’m girl enough to do that myself!
  • JirueJirue Member
    edited May 2021
    @Jirue saying that I was told obviously indicated word of mouth which has ZERO credibility. That’s why I posted on the forum to ask a more reliable source.
    Not necessarily. Word of mouth can have credibility if it's coming from a person with inside knowledge to the companies financial situation, such as someone helping manage the finances or receiving company reports on the finances. Second hand sources, such a friend/relative/spouse of someone with direct access to the inside information, may also have some degree of accuracy. Hence, my curiosity at the source and credibility of that source.

I didn't want to form too strong of a opinion on the legitimacy of this claim until I'd heard from you the source and the likeliness of that source to have the correct information. Your reply here indicates the claim did not come from someone with insider knowledge or a relationship of someone with insider knowledge though, so I doubt the claim has any meaningful believability.
  • TrikyfizzzTrikyfizzz Member
    edited May 2021
  • TheBlazedAceTheBlazedAce Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It seems this thread has already worked itself out, but just add a little bit more evidence to funding not being an issue, in the last live stream they were discussing how they’ve also just leased an office building for their team and included their employees when it came to decisions regarding what type of furnishings the office would have.

If there was a funding concern I’m pretty sure that they would have likely remained ‘work from home’ entirely (cutting overhead is a no brainer if funding is a concern), as well as they likely would have went for the cheapest of the cheap for office furnishings, rather than let their employees be involved with those types of decisions.

Coming from a very corporate background myself, it’s pretty uncommon for a company to include their employees with such decisions like what furniture will be in the office. I think not only does this evidence that funding isn’t an issue, but that employee morale and happiness is important to them.

Just my two cents. :)

♥ In The Name Of Venus, I'll Punish You! ♥

source.gif

https://instagram.com/theblazedace/