Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha One and Xsolla 112 USD tax

halbarzhalbarz Member
edited May 2021 in Support & FAQ
Hi all,

When will Entripid Drop Xsolla? looking at the pricing we are paying 600+ USD almost for us not living in the USA when wanting to purchase to Alpha One.

500 is already a hefty price but I was willing to go for it, having to pay an additional 100+ USD on taxes is just a slap in the face. If I remember they spoke about dropping Xsolla but couldn't find the source or when it would happen.

As it right now it does feel like we are being alienated due to having a different currency.

I hope that more people want Xsolla to go and that we can have a system in place that is fair to everyone.

Comments

• Options
    jeffujeffu Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A different payment processor wouldn't change this. You're most likely paying VAT/GST since you're buying from a US based company in another country.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Maybe they can accept crypto. I heard you can buy Teslas with crypto now.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi halbarz

Tax amounts are set by the country you live in, NOT the company you buy an item from. For example, here in the UK we have to pay 20% VAT on nearly everything we buy. That's just the way it is I'm afraid.

I'm going to move this thread to the support section and close it now, but if you have any other questions please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    halbarzhalbarz Member
    jeffu wrote: »
    A different payment processor wouldn't change this. You're most likely paying VAT/GST since you're buying from a US-based company in another country.

I understand what you are saying but since Intrepid has decided to self-publish in the EU and other regions, they will also have to provide those regions with a payment methode that doesn't rip them off and also provides customer support. Xsolla is know for having the worse support (still waiting for a refund of 3 years ago (for another game) - my ticket was just closed))

For Intrepid to publish in the EU they most probably had to create an Entity in the EU this should make it a lot easier to support EU players/customers and their payments.

This discussion has been closed.