Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Shop Owners and Bad Guys

ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Ok so you're the proud owner of a new trading stall to shop your wares, you have many customers rummaging through your goods, when you notice a player by the name of "bob" You realise this is the same player who killed you recently and took your hard earned materials. And made your family suffer!

Now you have a choice to make, do you

#1 Not Serve him and tell this thieving butt to hit the road!

#2 Charge him a corrupted :I'm a Dirtbag" extra fee

#3 Serve him because you need the money and don't care who you sell too.

Now I personally would love as a future shop owner, to have the right to refuse service and or charged more for my goods for unsavory individuals.

Let me know your thoughts please thanks.

TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn

Comments

• Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    I think increased prices for people in your blacklist could be a lot of fun and the cause for a number of player driven conflicts within a node.

I am still of the idea, that it could be interesting to set higher taxes for people depending on a number of criteria: race/religion/guild belonging/citizenship etc.

However that would be very subject to testing for it to be anywhere close to a non game ruining issue
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Alpha SoulAlpha Soul Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Asgerr wrote: »
    I think increased prices for people in your blacklist could be a lot of fun and the cause for a number of player driven conflicts within a node.

I am still of the idea, that it could be interesting to set higher taxes for people depending on a number of criteria: race/religion/guild belonging/citizenship etc.

However that would be very subject to testing for it to be anywhere close to a non game ruining issue

Big fan of this idea as well.. provides a lot of potential versatility in being a shop owner.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    Sell to him anyway since my prices are already overvalued hahaha

I do like the idea but I don't think it is feasible for them to develop a system like this that will be balanced. In it's most basic form, you would simply not allow the blacklisted player to purchase. Would it be nice to charge them extra? Yeah definitely. Would you really want to sell them something if they made it to your blacklist by either being toxic or griefing you? not at all.

Listing items in your shop/tavern with an npc to sell while everyone has the ability to come up and buy from that npc is probably what we will end up seeing.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    On a similar question, if the node of which you are a citizen has 'bob' listed as an enemy, will that mean he cannot buy or sell at the shops in that node? Thanks.
  • Options
    ArksonArkson Member

This idea actually sounds amazing to me. It doesn't even really have to go off blacklist, just have a way when you right click on someone's name to set discounts/price hikes for that player at your owned shops. You could give special discounts to good friends, trade discounts for services, and price hike anyone who wrongs you.
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited May 2021

58f08r.jpg

Oh don't get me wrong I like the idea too.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Kivek RhuKhanKivek RhuKhan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Santanico wrote: »
    Ok so you're the proud owner of a new trading stall to shop your wares, you have many customers rummaging through your goods, when you notice a player by the name of "bob" You realise this is the same player who killed you recently and took your hard earned materials. And made your family suffer!

Now you have a choice to make, do you

#1 Not Serve him and tell this thieving butt to hit the road!

#2 Charge him a corrupted :I'm a Dirtbag" extra fee

#3 Serve him because you need the money and don't care who you sell too.

Now I personally would love as a future shop owner, to have the right to refuse service and or charged more for my goods for unsavory individuals.

Let me know your thoughts please thanks.

giphy.gif
    great idea!
  • Options
    BrianDaddyBrianDaddy Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I kinda like the idea, but yea not serving someone cause you don't like them...... eh. I mean if it comes down to it just charge w/e crazy high price you want and just trade goods to friends for cheaper. Them spending time and resources on a complex shop pricing system doesn't seem like a good use of development time.
    xU7tJe6.png
  • Options
    RemedyzRemedyz Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd go with option 1, deny them service.

Then track them down >:)
    Not all who wander are lost, except me, I'm probably lost.
  • Options
    ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    it might not even be someone who killed you, I'm hoping the nodes we belong to we will have a since of pride in what we've built. So those toxic people in node chat who you might have blocked, I simply would like to refuse service to them. This will be especially painful if you're one of the few high end crafters and they need something.
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If you think about the long term effect of doing this, players will merch on alts.
    Do players merch on alts anyways?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited May 2021
    maouw wrote: »
    If you think about the long term effect of doing this, players will merch on alts.
    Do players merch on alts anyways?

I do not think it will be too easy to accomplish that due to restrictions on sending items to each other via mail and all that. Since you will be needing to travel for most transactions, using an alt to trade will be tedious but I will concede that it's a possible solution to being a prick no one likes enough to trade with XD.

posting the source just in case others might not know.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Economy#Mailing_items
    Mailing items
    Social messages sent via mail will be received instantly.[47]

Raw gatherables and materials are not able to be mailed by players.[47][48][49]
    It hasn't been decided whether crafted items such as gear will be able to be sent via mail.[47]
    From an item standpoint obviously we can't allow mailing to include any type of resource material or raw gatherable because those are central to the gameplay and transiting through the caravan system and economic regions. But it may be possible to send completed crafted items like you know gear, equipment, stuff like that. But it's something we're still discussing.[47] – Steven Sharif

Purchases of anything other than materials and gatherables from integrated auction houses will be mailed to the purchaser.[27]
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    codewarlockcodewarlock Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    The system has been done in other games such as Achaea, where you could set increases (penalty fees) or decreases (discounts) in your personal shop prices. This was doable on a person-by-person basis (simply add the player name and how much you want to impose or take off per purchase) or even by city, should you have different levels of tolerance or an alliance with another.

Something like this would be pretty neat and different from modern MMOs. I'm more so interested in how a standalone shop will play out when I'm questing or logged out; I feel customizing an NPC to sell goods, food, etc would be pretty rad.
  • Options
    McShaveMcShave Member
    Kill his ass and take his stuff.
  • Options
    dranithdranith Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    I am a firm believer in the "Eff-off tax".

I was one of the few people early on that had Legendary Grand Master crafting in all skills on the DAOC classic shard I played on. I was a one-stop shop for crafting weapons, all armor types, spellcrafting, and alchemy procs.

If somebody came to me that was a well known jerk, or that had made their way onto my blacklist for one reason or another, I would quote them double or triple just to encourage them to go to somebody else.

If they declined to agree to pay the quoted price, I win. If they agree to pay the stupidly high amount I quoted them, I still win.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    dranith wrote: »
    I am a firm believer in the "Eff-off tax".

I was one of the few people early on that had Legendary Grand Master crafting in all skills on the DAOC classic shard I played on. I was a one-stop shop for crafting weapons, all armor types, spellcrafting, and alchemy procs.

If somebody came to me that was a well known jerk, or that had made their way onto my blacklist for one reason or another, I would quote them double or triple just to encourage them to go to somebody else.

If they declined to agree to pay the quoted price, I win. If they agree to pay the stupidly high amount I quoted them, I still win.

I read that as Elf off tax for a moment and I would agree just make sure to bar Tulnars
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace