Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Node Siege, material loss and penalties to certain job classes.

I did a search and pages upon pages of info popped up and while I looked a bit, I did not do a deep dive to find the answer as there is way too much to read through to find the answer. So if somebody knows the answer to this off the top of their head, awesome.. if not, no worries we will find out later I guess.

My question stems from an older stream where they talk about base material loss and process material loss from a players warehouse if their node is sieged and lost. This method seems to hurt some players more than others when it comes to their job class.

So if you are a Gatherer, or Processor, you have a chance to take a way larger hit to material loss as opposed to a final form crafter who may not keep a ton of material on hand and only buy what he needs to craft at that moment.

So basically..

A Gatherer, gathers top tier materials and puts them in warehouse. These are subject to loss.

A Processor buys top tier materials to process and turn into top tier material used in crafting. These are subject to loss.

A Crafter buys top tier processed material and crafts Legendary Sword... This is not subject to loss.

Has this been talked or questioned at all, and if so... do you remember the answer or outcome to this question?

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    While I will not attempt to answer your question, since I do not know the answer (which may not stop some people), I will comment that this is why The Gods made alts.

If you have four alts, then 20% of your mats could be in each of your five warehouses and you only congregate the mats when it is time to craft, and you only craft somewhere that isn't going to be sieged. Yes, it is a bit of extra trouble, but it makes you safer. Like buckling your seat belt or diversifying your portfolio.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    tautau wrote: »
    While I will not attempt to answer your question, since I do not know the answer (which may not stop some people), I will comment that this is why The Gods made alts.

If you have four alts, then 20% of your mats could be in each of your five warehouses and you only congregate the mats when it is time to craft, and you only craft somewhere that isn't going to be sieged. Yes, it is a bit of extra trouble, but it makes you safer. Like buckling your seat belt or diversifying your portfolio.

Not sure if that is going to be the case. It seems like a obvious loop hole that would be prevented by only allowing you to have one warehouse per account.

As it stands you can only be a citizen of one node per account per server. I could not find any details on this in the wiki, but splitting your recourses up across four alts to reduce loss seems like it goes against the intention of the node mechanics.

I am very skeptical that they would allow you to use alts to game material loss in this manner. Not saying you wont be able to exactly what you are saying. I am just saying that I don't think it is something they will allow in the final version of the game.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    ArksonArkson Member
    I think this is kinda true, but your loss as a crafter is going to be a sudden scarcity of materials to use to craft with. Since you can't simultaneously be a crafter and a processor for instance, if all of the processors in your area lose a massive portion of their stock that's going to drive prices way up and just make it more difficult and less profitable to craft in general until they build that stock back up. The alternative I guess is to move your crafting setup to a different location that wasn't affected by those losses but that in itself sounds like it'll be a pretty big deal. Crafters will want to protect their local economy.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Nothing is technically safe as your weapons and armour will eventually permanently break putting a heavier emphasis on the raw and processed items importance.

It is part of siege warfare and player economies. I recommend not being a hoarder to minimize risk of loss. No safety nets in this game as far as I know.

Your items may be relatively linked across your account and as @Vhaeyne said node locked.
  • Options
    Recluse74Recluse74 Member
    edited May 2021
    Nothing is technically safe as your weapons and armour will eventually permanently break putting a heavier emphasis on the raw and processed items importance.

It is part of siege warfare and player economies. I recommend not being a hoarder to minimize risk of loss. No safety nets in this game as far as I know.

Your items may be relatively linked across your account and as @Vhaeyne said node locked.

Weapons and armor can be repaired, so nothing will permanently break , even at 0% durability, your weapon and or armor is still there, it just unequips so you can repair later (as per wiki right now). The repair cost is based on materials and not a monetary exchange, unless of course you charge for that.

If you lose your node, you lose your citizenship, which means you are off to help build a new one, or move to an already established one. No crafter is going to buy my materials at a higher price when they can just wait to see if prices are better at their new place of residency. So effectively, the gatherer takes the much larger hit.

I guess I am not worried about the price hit, although it will hit you.. but the time sink to gather top tier materials and then to lose them... that is going to be the hardest hit.