Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Shop Packages

Wondering if there is the possibility for a shop package that can be added that doesn't include all the cosmetic stuff... But instead has access to alpha 1 2 beta 1 2 and maybe some gametime and name Reservation only. 500$ is a bit much yes it has some gametime. but cosmetics mean nothing to myself personally neither does embers for them. Would be way more enticing to take the leap if there was.

Comments

• Options
    AzarixAzarix Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd imagine this could be done but would take some time. In my opinion, it's probably too late, though. Alpha One Preview is just around the corner. (8 Days)
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I understand you frustration, but I think the intent at this point is to create a barrier to entry. 500$ to test a unfinished game is a large investment for most people. I am under the impression that the idea is that only the most enthusiastic supporters would invest so much money into the game at this stage.

If they were to lower the cost of keys and name reservations at this point it would open the Alpha and Betas up to less enthusiastic players. Having a game that is being worked on open to the general public like that could be very risky.

Personally I prefer that games sell Alpha and Beta keys because I have awful luck when it comes to the old school way of getting into a Alpha or Beta where you sign up and pray to get in. I have only gotten into a few games Alphas or Betas that way in the 20+ years I have been PC gaming.

I know that paid Alphas and Betas are not for everyone, but if I can support a project that I am interested in and get to provide feedback. Well, that is the bees knees to me. I heavily doubt that Intrepid will lower the cost of entry. The prices as they stand are not an oversight.

I know this is not the answer you want, but I hope it helps in some way.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.