Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What Am I Doing Wrong, Here?

Yours truly can't figure out how to get photos/images to show up. They end up looking like this little icon with a vague, half-address:

U9CMetHgytiWVDuE8

When using the Image button, a little window pops up where I can plug in the Image URL. However, it won't leave this little window; There's not an 'Okay' button, or anything to indicate that this is the total URL. Instead, it sits there. If I press ENTER, nothing happens.

Is it my browser settings? Is there something in there I'm not seeing that I should see? The little icon is if I manually type in the ['s the img and /img, around the image URL in the body of a post, instead of using the Image button. Is it because all the images I've tried referring to are on Google images / my Google album?

Any help is appreciated. My sight-gags are suffering, in the meanwhile....

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Upload all your images to Imgur then post them here. The forums are very finicky with photos so its the best way
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Hi there! Any image links you include within the
    [img]example.jpg[/img]

format must be DIRECT image links (these usually end with something like .jpg, .png, or .gif). In the example you shared above, it looks like you were sharing to an image in a Google photo album vs. to an image directly. You can typically get an image's direct link by right clicking on it and selecting "open image in new tab", then using the URL in the address bar. Check out what that looks like when you grab the direct link for the image you shared below:

ACtC-3d6qsGVSogbZmuP79XqYc2hSOwpoKuIAIv2XO4Ek1Tw8c48_5TzROHDBhOu2OKia1UAoVge01TKRH_aWED-z3h1e0CU3iKcx5mJM_02PfGkI9mohFFepbyQH65HPZAl4ejCtxs0AT_xrnLQXzGDQWw=w1600-h900-no?authuser=0

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can assist with in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.