Forum Feature Request

ObamanizerObamanizer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
could it be possible to update the forums with showing and Sorting posts by their Creation time??? second an announcement gets a comment its pushed to the top by the looks of it, and its rather annoying seeing things move around like that, as well as general forums, you just cant tell whats a fresh post without going inside it for possibly the 2nd 3rd or 4th time... major Quality of Life improvement for the forums.
m2r7fkogger4.png

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Seconded.
  • DreohDreoh Member
    At the very least show both creation time and most recent post time.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Because Ashes uses "Vanilla Forums" you can just use the RSS feed feature.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/aoc-general-discussion/feed.rss

You would want a feed reader to use this, but it does show threads in chronological order.

Protip: You can use rss feeds for other things like YouTube channels and users. I use it to defeat the algorithm on a number of platforms. Since rss posts as the feeds come in, RSS is in chronological order.

This might not be what you are looking for, but for me RSS is a life saver. It allows me to categorize all of the things I follow and see updates as they happen not as they are popular.

Hope this is useful in some way.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • ObamanizerObamanizer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Because Ashes uses "Vanilla Forums" you can just use the RSS feed feature.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/aoc-general-discussion/feed.rss

You would want a feed reader to use this, but it does show threads in chronological order.

Protip: You can use rss feeds for other things like YouTube channels and users. I use it to defeat the algorithm on a number of platforms. Since rss posts as the feeds come in, RSS is in chronological order.

This might not be what you are looking for, but for me RSS is a life saver. It allows me to categorize all of the things I follow and see updates as they happen not as they are popular.

Hope this is useful in some way.

its nice to know there are workarounds... but this is by no means something the masses would use or even Want to use.
    m2r7fkogger4.png
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Obamanizer wrote: »
    its nice to know there are workarounds... but this is by no means something the masses would use or even Want to use.

Yeah, I understand that. Having the feature built in would be better for more people. I have always been pro chronological order myself. This is why I like RSS so much. So many things on the web have RSS support, but it really is sort of arcane knowledge.

I started using RSS years ago because I was sick of getting feeds out of order, or seeing a post early in the day. Only to not be able to find it later on when I have time to see it. Modern web developers like to do whatever they can to keep you on their sites. I don't blame Ashes in this case because they did not create Vanilla Forums. I don't even know if we could ever get Chronological order as a feature. I am not sure what all is possible with Vanilla Forums. Maybe IG will make their own custom forums as a part of the planned site upgrades?
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi there.

I agree that such a function would be helpful. I'll pass this onto Intrepid to see what can be done.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi there.

I agree that such a function would be helpful. I'll pass this onto Intrepid to see what can be done.

could you also ask them for a way to upload pictures from your PC like the old one did
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace