Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Evil & Good

SixxSixx Member
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
i have a question, What If Some Players Create a Guild That Their Goal Is To Make The Corruption Of a server The Main Thing? Like 'n Evil Guild Wanting To Make Disorder In All Server (Or Maybe Just For Their Main Node)

Is It Possible To Make That Kind Of Things Like 2 Overpowered Guilds Of a Server To Change The Whole Server By that Conflictr?

I Think bcs The Lore Some Players Would Like To Be The Villains And Serve the Corrupted King As A Rp And Main Of Their Gameplay .

Comments

  • DreohDreoh Member
    edited May 2021
    Well, they can corrupt themselves easily, and corrupted players could band together to create a corrupted safe-haven node I believe, as I haven't seen anything preventing such things yet.

    This would actually be a super cool thing to happen in a server IMO

    But they wouldn't be able to corrupt other players if that's what you mean. Corruption only happens as an effect of said players actions.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thread moved from Support to General Discussion.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In the early days of L2, one of the lower level cities had a breach in the walls which allowed red players access to the town, which was a non PvP zone. So the reds could PK south of town then flee inside to avoid death. It was informally referred to as the 'chicken hole' for the corrupt cowards who used it.
  • tautau wrote: »
    In the early days of L2, one of the lower level cities had a breach in the walls which allowed red players access to the town, which was a non PvP zone. So the reds could PK south of town then flee inside to avoid death. It was informally referred to as the 'chicken hole' for the corrupt cowards who used it.

    This sounds amazingly fun. We need this.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    I don't see how this would be possible since NPC guards in any node will kos Corrupted characters.
    I think Good v Evil is different than Corrupted.
    Specifically, Evil is not the same thing as Corrupted.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dygz wrote: »
    I don't see how this would be possible since NPC guards in any node will kos Corrupted characters.
    I think Good v Evil is different than Corrupted.
    Specifically, Evil is not the same thing as Corrupted.

    Yeah this is it really

    you have your good players = heroes, helpers, RP
    You have your "evil" players = raiders, RP
    and then you have Corrupted
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DreohDreoh Member
    edited May 2021
    Dygz wrote: »
    I don't see how this would be possible since NPC guards in any node will kos Corrupted characters.
    I think Good v Evil is different than Corrupted.
    Specifically, Evil is not the same thing as Corrupted.

    Oh I didn't know NPC's were flagged to kill corrupted

    I guess it makes sense, and gives more reason to keep people from wanting to be corrupted.

    Though it does also prevent a cool corrupt civilization from forming as OP described.
    A corrupt civilization could be broken, but it would also be perfect hunting grounds for bounty hunters and other anti-corruption based systems.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In the example above, as long as the red player stayed away from the other town gates they didn't have to worry about being killed by NPCs. I don't know if they could interact with merchant NPCs or not, perhaps some old L2 player can answer that.

    I do believe that they could go into the local guild halls, if they were a member of that guild.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Corrupted are treated as monsters by NPCs.
  • SixxSixx Member
    i think Corrupted Players Are The ''Evil'' Players Bcs To Reach Corruption You May Have To Kill Someone e.e that's why :pensive: , and also, just think about it, if that could be possible then , an Evil Guild Vs The Good Guild From The Other Side Of The Map (there could be a Nice PLAYERS EVENT, Smth Like War Between Those Guilds Where The Smol Ones Could Participate by Unification With The ''Dark And White'' Side, Also This Thing May Be One Of End Games Content) But i think that Might need More Work, But Still ... Could BE Very Cool (i'm Just Sayin' My dudes, love Y'all)
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sixx wrote: »
    i think Corrupted Players Are The ''Evil'' Players Bcs To Reach Corruption You May Have To Kill Someone e.e that's why :pensive: , and also, just think about it, if that could be possible then , an Evil Guild Vs The Good Guild From The Other Side Of The Map (there could be a Nice PLAYERS EVENT, Smth Like War Between Those Guilds Where The Smol Ones Could Participate by Unification With The ''Dark And White'' Side, Also This Thing May Be One Of End Games Content) But i think that Might need More Work, But Still ... Could BE Very Cool (i'm Just Sayin' My dudes, love Y'all)

    But I can kill people in sieges and caravan raids and get not corruption, do that still make me evil?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No one who loves cats is can be evil.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tautau wrote: »
    No one who loves cats is can be evil.

    I have a picture for that

    79a2b90579434f7ec49e74514e4f94f8.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Kivek RhuKhanKivek RhuKhan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    Sixx wrote: »
    i have a question, What If Some Players Create a Guild That Their Goal Is To Make The Corruption Of a server The Main Thing? Like 'n Evil Guild Wanting To Make Disorder In All Server (Or Maybe Just For Their Main Node)

    Is It Possible To Make That Kind Of Things Like 2 Overpowered Guilds Of a Server To Change The Whole Server By that Conflictr?

    I Think bcs The Lore Some Players Would Like To Be The Villains And Serve the Corrupted King As A Rp And Main Of Their Gameplay .

    So you want to be a pirate, ae?

    tenor.gif?itemid=13016982
  • Kivek RhuKhanKivek RhuKhan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    tenor.gif
    oops


  • AsgerrAsgerr Member
    giphy.gif
    oops


    Oh god now they're recruiting people who capitalize every word in a sentence.... I pity anyone in their server.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Kivek RhuKhanKivek RhuKhan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    Asgerr wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    oops


    Oh god now they're recruiting people who capitalize every word in a sentence.... I pity anyone in their server.

    why you gotta hate on the mans writing skills, lots of pirates couldn't even read good.

    tenor.gif?itemid=4728520

  • AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Asgerr wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    oops


    Oh god now they're recruiting people who capitalize every word in a sentence.... I pity anyone in their server.

    why you gotta hate on the mans writing skills, lots of pirates couldn't even read good.

    tenor.gif?itemid=4728520

    You're just reinforcing my point lol
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Kivek RhuKhanKivek RhuKhan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Asgerr wrote: »
    Asgerr wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    oops


    Oh god now they're recruiting people who capitalize every word in a sentence.... I pity anyone in their server.

    why you gotta hate on the mans writing skills, lots of pirates couldn't even read good.

    tenor.gif?itemid=4728520

    You're just reinforcing my point lol

    IDjv.gif
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    Nagash wrote: »
    But I can kill people in sieges and caravan raids and get not corruption, do that still make me evil?
    Killing Combatants is not Evil.
    There is a dark/twisted path of magic that player characters can pursue.
    I have to remember to ask Steven how that relates to "evil".
  • DreohDreoh Member
    Also, corruption is not necessarily the same thing as evil
Sign In or Register to comment.