Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ideas for summoner variants.

With all the different ways your summons can be altered or changed. I wonder how far the customization will run? I hope for choosing the color of some of the creatures or elemental types!!

Comments

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Unforch the basic, non-augmented summoner archetype is yet to be revealed so it might be a bit too early to discuss this.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    ZygsyZygsy Member
    Never too early. Besides this is IDEAS not facts.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'd be all for being able to chance the colour of your summons and possibly elemental damage types. I don't expect to have a huge variety of different summons as that would require them to all have their own unique set of animations.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    ZygsyZygsy Member
    I'd be all for being able to chance the colour of your summons and possibly elemental damage types. I don't expect to have a huge variety of different summons as that would require them to all have their own unique set of animations.

I can definitely get that. Colors tho would be awesome! I always wanted to dye my water elemental red or purple on Warcraft!! The supposed shadows for a rogue-type summoner. So many ideas of color variants lol
  • Options
    AlrotaAlrota Member
    I would even love to see extra cosmetics for Summoners to change the looks of their summons completely, not just the colors :smiley:
    Of course this would probably mean that Summoners have to spend more money for cosmetics than other classes, but I mean, people don't have to spend money for it if they don't want to. It would be just a cool addition to have different skins for them like you have for your mounts and pets.
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited May 2021
    Zygsy wrote: »
    With all the different ways your summons can be altered or changed. I wonder how far the customization will run? I hope for choosing the color of some of the creatures or elemental types!!

For the shadowmancer I would like for spells and damaging abilities to be hordes of various sized "shadelings" that do my bidding.

Cast a dot? a bunch of shadelings wisp up out of the targets shadow and start stabbing him with the targets very own shadowed weapon for the duration.

cast a slow? a shadowy pair of chains attached your legs and to little dog shadelings pulling at them to slow you down.

Cast a big damaging spell? Your own shadow enlarges into a massive figure that slams the target with a clenched fist.

Cast an escape? You sink back into your shadow, and after a seconds of being untargetable the shadow bursts into multiple shadowy humanoids running off in different directions, you being one of them hoping you don't get chosen for their first few attacks.

AoE damage? You draw forth the shadows of all objects in the surroundings, sapping off some of the very sun's energy to summon forth a shadow dragon flyby breath attack causing it to darken the entire area when it does so.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    If the Summoner play style is truly pet focused (with pets out permanently or that last a long time in combat), then it would be fun to allow for a deeper customization component.

I would love to be able to collect different summon types or skins, similar to how a hunter in WoW might seek out rare pets. Like being a Necromancer with a role playing style that has only Kaivek Orc skeletons for its army. Or I magine how different one Brood Warden that summons a giant tortoise (main tank) with little snapping turtles for support and damage would be different from a Brood Warden that uses ants and beetles as summons. Thematic customization could be huge for the RP crowd, and could serve in some capacity for the cosmetic shop.

Now, if a summon is fairly recognizable with its silhouette (like a Carbuncle from FFXI) but we could customize the elemental effects (fire, ice, lightning, etc.), abilities (kit) and appearance (different skins or animations) then this class might tug more at my heart.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Or make the summon an exact copy of the player, a mini-me if you will, perhaps with slightly crazy eyes.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My dream is being able to give summons armour and weapons so they can fit a roll you want. Plus it would look amazing
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    I expect Intrepid to sell summon skins at some point.

In FFXIV you have the option to turn your Garuda, Ifrit, Titan egi into a carbuncle by entering a /command in your chat.

Something like that could be applicable
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    ZygsyZygsy Member
    All of these ideas are amazing! I just keep hoping for so much possibility with the summoner-type classes. I truly want my Necromancer to have bone or flesh minions. lol
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    All of these ideas are amazing! I just keep hoping for so much possibility with the summoner-type classes. I truly want my Necromancer to have bone or flesh minions. lol

Welcome to the Cult
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    NaxxazNaxxaz Member
    Summoner definitely is the most hype class!
    This is what i hope Summoner has as a base
    • "Summon X" A summon for my minions
    • "Empower X" A burst empowerment for minions
    • "Minion Ability" Minions use their ability at target for burst damage
    • "Drain Life" drain health from target to yourself.
    • "Grant Life" heals your minions, maybe at a cost to your own health.

With this i hope Necromancer or Enchanter can become a semi-support, using Grant life on party members or have their minions heal/buff. Really want them to be the Swiss army knife class.
    UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    ZygsyZygsy Member
    Nagash wrote: »

Welcome to the Cult
    Haha yes!!