Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Server transfer question

gunmandude2gunmandude2 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
My friends are in Europe, and I am in the US. If we want to play together, do we have to make characters in the same server? Or are they allowed to transfer from the EU server to the US one/vice versa?

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes same server.
    There will be no server transfers.
    My phone doesn't like to link properly. The reference is on the wiki.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    gunmandude2gunmandude2 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Understandable. Thank you!
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ya they want community to matter again. So be no cross server play and no server swaps.
    Think there was a hint that they might allow cross server play for the arena pvp but don't know if that was confirmed or not.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    My friends are in Europe, and I am in the US. If we want to play together, do we have to make characters in the same server? Or are they allowed to transfer from the EU server to the US one/vice versa?

I'm not sure how it works regarding servers. For example Blizzard makes you buy the game in Europe, even if you have in US.
    IS will have a company here in Europe, but not sure if 1 game wins all, maybe you need to have 2 licences to play in 2 different regions.
  • Options
    BlackBrony wrote: »

I'm not sure how it works regarding servers. For example Blizzard makes you buy the game in Europe, even if you have in US.
    IS will have a company here in Europe, but not sure if 1 game wins all, maybe you need to have 2 licences to play in 2 different regions.

The Amsterdam office location has no relevancy to the Ashes European server location, @BlackBrony.

As mentioned in the posts above, if players want to play together they choose the same server regardless of their geographic location.

Geographic distance can sometimes affect a player's latency ... but that depends on a lot of things and the game is still in Alpha.
  • Options
    I would recommend doing what results in the best latency for both sides. Often that is on american servers. However that isn't necessarily true for asian servers as american connections tend to go right all the way to the other side of the world instead of going left. So some foreign connections are garbage.

However, I don't think the connections are going to work that way this time with their layout last time.

Use the server closest to the person with the worst internet connection. That usually evens out the latency but it isn't as good as just using the servers for your region. Internet hasn't really gotten to the point yet where location no longer matters.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East