Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tamers Hub

HogHog Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Just had the idea and wanted to get some thoughts on it.

Many players like myself enjoy taming and searching for the best looking and coolest looking tames. So how would it work to have a Hub for tamers in a node. We all like showing off a bit here and there, and having somewhere for tamers to come together and compare what we have all found and bred would be awesome.

So any other ideas on this?

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As long as you don't call it a gym.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If we are getting taverns, farms, and even an oasis....I cannot fathom the idea of not having a tamers den or something of that sort for a freehold. When needing a mount, travel to a citizens freehold "tamers den" and be able to see all the mounts/pets lined up for sale from their merchant. This would be awesome.
  • Options
    Sounds a little like a cattle showground, with a bunch of pens or stables (instanced animal accommodation?) around a central arena. It could also include an auction system for those that want to buy/sell. Parade your animals around the arena for a few minutes whilst the bidders have at it. The showground owner could also sponsor a competition for best/coolest looking animals.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Are you saying we need a zoo? I guess you could make one at your freehold, but I doubt you'll get something specialized like that in the Node itself
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Khronus wrote: »
    If we are getting taverns, farms, and even an oasis....I cannot fathom the idea of not having a tamers den or something of that sort for a freehold. When needing a mount, travel to a citizens freehold "tamers den" and be able to see all the mounts/pets lined up for sale from their merchant. This would be awesome.

That was kinda my thinking as well. We know there will also be things like blacksmiths guilds/originations as well as the other main crafting classes. But I haven't seen a whole lot on taming atm. Like for instance where can tamers store all the tames they find throughout Vera. A large part of taming is being able to showcase that your tames are better than others. Me personally if I were to go out and look to buy a new mount or combat pet, I would want to see the tame itself in person and potentially test them out before I drop the money needed to use it. In some recent MMOs the prices of mounts have been crazy expensive. I can kind of compare the process of buying a mount to buying a car. When you go to buy a car what is the first thing you do. You look at what is available, then you go in person to see what the ones you seen look like, then you find a few and test them out. That is how I would envision buying a expensive mount.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sounds like a good community driven event.
    Glad you volunteered.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Perhaps a freehold could hold both a tavern and some stables? Grab your beverage from the bartender and check out the mounts while you are there!

As an aside, no breeder is going to let you borrow a potential mount to test out prior to purchase, too many scammers will simply ride off with your merchandise. Unless, perhaps, you hand your weapon and armor to the breeder as guarantee that you will return...and hope that the breeder doesn't consider that a fair trade and a done deal!

I remember scammers in L2 insisting on trying out a weapon prior to buying it, often leaving the scammed player ready to quit the game in anguish.
  • Options
    tautau wrote: »
    Perhaps a freehold could hold both a tavern and some stables? Grab your beverage from the bartender and check out the mounts while you are there!

As an aside, no breeder is going to let you borrow a potential mount to test out prior to purchase, too many scammers will simply ride off with your merchandise. Unless, perhaps, you hand your weapon and armor to the breeder as guarantee that you will return...and hope that the breeder doesn't consider that a fair trade and a done deal!

I remember scammers in L2 insisting on trying out a weapon prior to buying it, often leaving the scammed player ready to quit the game in anguish.

The thing I was thinking was to have a area that's fenced in where they can't leave the trial area. That would solve the scamming problem. Never will I let someone just ride away with my stuff lol.