Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Race armor

RageconRagecon Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Was looking back at some videos and saw that, when armor drops it takes on the style of the race that picks it up or crafts it. So will we be able to say have another race craft an armor piece in their style and wear it as another race to mix and match armor we think looks good. Instead of only having the style of your race only?

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Armor

Racial appearance of gear sets is tied to the character model of that race.[43]

When you say, what if I'm an Orc but want to look like an Elf and I want my Eagle set to be the Elf representation? Well the issue becomes there that you know Orcs have a different organic model. You know, their body is different than that of the Elf. So, from a scope-creep standpoint, it's one thing to add different influences that represent the cultures that are donning the armor; it's another thing to adapt each influence as a matrix that can be worn pretty much by everything. From a scope perspective, that's a very difficult task for the character artists to kind of tackle. So instead what we've done is, in order to facilitate a variety of cultural representation between the races but allow for the sharing of assets like different armor sets, we give different representations of those armor sets to each race.[43] – Steven Sharif
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Hi there! Looks like someone else already got you a helpful answer above on how armor appearance is reflective of your character's race.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's any other questions we can help answer!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.