Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will AoC Support the use of Gamepads like Xbox..?

MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Many games do support the use of PC compatible game pads. I ask for the Xbox controller because I find that one to be comfortable and able to be customized nicely.

The problem occurs with AoC's policy of no mods usable for this game. Often times a secondary program has to be used to get the controller to work within a particular game. If a mod is needed, this would be in violation of AoC's current philosophy. Will the developer's then program a way to use game pads within the game?

Comments

• Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's something natively baked into Unreal and Steven has said that they're open to working on it.

We've had the conversation come up a few times and even though some are worried that controllers "dumb down" a game I feel having support for those who can't physically play w/ a mouse and keyboard (let alone guys who just want to veg on a couch while fishing) far outweighs those worries.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Maezriel is right.
    Some of us (self included) worry about the negative effects allowing controllers could have on the game.

Despite what Square Enix says publicly I strongly believe that the controller support is why FFXIV has a awful 2.5 sec GCD.

I also believe it is why ESO is not more than it could be.

Personally I think controller support would take more from the game than it would add. Here is the last big thread on the topic If you want to see what has already been discussed.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/273262#Comment_273262
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.