Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

NPC Adventurers/Heroes

Heya

Are there gonna be NPC adventurers or heroes?
like that you can come across a group of npc adventurers heading to a dungeon and you can maybe rob them or help them for a reward?
also maybe a lone farm boy aspiring to be an adventurer and you maybe can team up with him doing quests and help him become a hero.

basically that the players are not the only adventurers but also npcs from different villages/kingdoms, so the world will be more alive? idk.

grtz
awesome game!

Comments

• Options
    McShaveMcShave Member
    Well, I do believe Jeffery Bard and the questing team are hard at work making interesting characters and quests to find in the open world. We know that they want to encourage exploring with unique things in the world for players to find. I think it would be very cool if you could randomly meet very difficult npc "hero" type characters that you can fight and test your skill on.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We can hire NPC mercenaries to guard our freeholds and caravans.
    I doubt that there will be NPC adventurers braving dungeons and raids.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There needs to be some form of npc heroes in AoC that we can look up to or look down upon. They have every opportunity in the world to do exactly what Blizzard did but better. Blizzard created a world that included some VERY cool characters to either love or hate and because of this, it spawned new IPs. It would be a massive mistake to make the players as the primary "people" in the game.

Speaking of mercs for hire. What if there was a list of "special" characters that could be hired at only one location in the world at a time. These characters could be used to defend a castle or travel with a caravan (or to attack a caravan if it is a villainous character). Possibly merging with the lore. This would be really cool as I feel caravans are essentially a mini game (which I love in games).

Jeffery Bard, I believe in you. haha
  • Options
    Well, we do have The Seven, The Three and The Ancients.
    Ashes is supposed to have GMs, so we may be looking up to their avatars.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    Well, we do have The Seven, The Three and The Ancients.
    Ashes is supposed to have GMs, so we may be looking up to their avatars.

I haven't read up on anything lore related just because I don't want to spoil it for the games launch. My point is, if you ask me in 30 years who Thrall is, I will be able to tell you. Who Diablo is in Diablo 2, I will remember. Sarah Kerrigan.....hell yeah I will remember.

This is the type of character creation I am hoping they focus on. I don't want to stop at AoC. I will support this company with every IP they deliver (and I am hoping they are successful enough to create more). It all starts right here. "The future is bright"
  • Options
    Yes, but in Ashes, we really should be asking about former Mayors and Monarchs.
    We should be talking about the great player characters who currently and previously headed the social organizations. Perhaps, there will be infamous Pirates controlling the sea lanes.

NPCs will be in control of the Castles before we win a siege that kicks them out. I expect they will return to plague us periodically.
    Seems possible that constructing certain service buildings or hitting specific milestones could unleash memorable NPCs, both heroic and nefarious.