Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guild Uniforms

I know that user created content is being considered for guild crests, emblems and so on.

Keeping that in mind (and hoping it gets implemented), I suggest having Guild Uniforms

How would it work: Joining a guild give players the ability to dye their cosmetics with the Guild's colors. Have the Guild Crest on a shield or the robe they are wearing. During a guild war it would be way more immersive and make players feel part of an army.

The cosmetics would dye their equipped items, not transmog them into an actual guild uniform (self identity is important)

It could also differentiate ranks within the guild. For example, a guild might have Red as primary color and Black as secondary. The foot soldiers would get dye in just those colors. But the next rank gets a gold border between the red and black. And so on and so on until you get to the guild master that has a unique color pallet.

This actually serves a point in combat. The opposing guild can then try and go after high value targets and get them out of the fight first.

I feel that guild identity will play an important role in the game, this adds on top of that.

What does everyone else think?
Leonin-5-E.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would prefer the Guild Emblem to be on my shield rather than a Tabard like WoW. The only issue that would change my mind is if the Guild Emblem ruins the look of a Legendary Shield.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    SchmukySchmuky Member
    Neurath wrote: »
    I would prefer the Guild Emblem to be on my shield rather than a Tabard like WoW. The only issue that would change my mind is if the Guild Emblem ruins the look of a Legendary Shield.

The Emblem location would be depended on the class. Someone that doesn't use a shield might have it on a cloak or directly on their armour. Or maybe we could pick where the emblem would be (to account for your Legendary Shield)
    Leonin-5-E.jpg
  • Options
    Ah yes, lol. I was in my own world and forget not everyone will have a shield. So long as I don't have to wear a Tabard I will be happy with the guild emblem anywhere else. I would especially appreciate a Guild Sash like Destiny used to have in Guild Colours with a Guild Emblem.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    SchmukySchmuky Member
    I imagine it more of a color skin rather than an item. So all the equipment we have is still visible.

The only problem i see is guilds having similar color schemes. But in that case, the emblem should differentiate enough
    Leonin-5-E.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, as a Roleplayer I can get behind the whole Guild Uniformity choices. We often tend to go uniform even if the tools aren't there to go uniform. I hope the Dye System will be quite substantial and I hope the Guild Options will be quite substantial. If there is a trade off between Guild Items or Guild Buffs though I think Guild Buffs would win out. We tend to go uniform even without the support of the Devs :)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    ZarnZarn Member
    Something similar from WoW as tabards would be nice.
  • Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I wouldn't mind seeing some basic guild armor sets (Light, Med, Heavy) that you can pick and choose pieces to transmog too and during wars when we're supposed to be in a default look let it be the guild set.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As long as having guild colours on your character is optional, im fine with it. Most of the time, guilds pick some real shit colours and hell no way do I want to be forced to wear those
  • Options
    AntVictusAntVictus Member, Alpha One
    Or you could just do it like every RP guild in Morrowind did in ESO. Mandate a color and have everyone follow that scheme.
  • Options
    FerniFerni Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like the idea. Add a dye system for all guilds sounds good but I also think that some customizations should be limited to "special guilds" like those who own a castle, patron guild of a node, etc.

I've read in the wiki that one of the benefits for being member of a patron guild of a node is unlock emblems that can be applied to guild armor that can be purchased from the node. It would be nice if that guild armors or emblems are more exclusive since being a patron guild is going to be hard.
  • Options
    DiuraDiura Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm happy with imprinting logos onto armour (if it's small) and a guild cloak. Maybe a little flag on my backpack ^^
    Usually agree on a colour palette for guilds but followed loosely.
    I wouldn't mind a "toogle guild colour palette" button for battles. Especially with wars/node wars etc involving high numbers of people it would be handy to easily see guild members among allies (in addition to any nameplate colouring etc) ^^
    8st3lhnx21to.png
  • Options
    SchmukySchmuky Member
    Diura wrote: »
    I'm happy with imprinting logos onto armour (if it's small) and a guild cloak. Maybe a little flag on my backpack ^^
    Usually agree on a colour palette for guilds but followed loosely.
    I wouldn't mind a "toogle guild colour palette" button for battles. Especially with wars/node wars etc involving high numbers of people it would be handy to easily see guild members among allies (in addition to any nameplate colouring etc) ^^

Thats how imagine it, a button and bam, guild colors
    Leonin-5-E.jpg
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't like this idea at all. Only weirdos liked the tabard system in wow. I always took mine off (as a guild leader) to show off my armor which was obviously better looking than the trash options we had to customize a tabard. A whole uniform? Please no haha.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    I don't mind as long as I can turn it off.
    Got no interest in looking like everyone else.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't mind as long as I can turn it off.
    Got no interest in looking like everyone else.

Pretty much this ^
  • Options
    SchmukySchmuky Member
    not a tabard, just a dye with the guilds colors.

The way I see it, it would be something we can easily turn on and off, like the "Show Helmet" thing we have in so many others.

It would not make you look the same as the rest, except if you have the exact same items and are the same race. Its not an outfit or costume or something like that, just the colors and an emblem..

I think it would work well when the guild is playing as a unit, maybe in guild wars or raids. It would be up to each guild to decide if they want to use this.

However, there is a reason that all armies across history used a standard color scheme. Everyone did, from the romans to the modern times. It shows identity, discipline, strength.

This one I'll fight for tbh, as guilds will be the main player community, so something like this would be worth it
    Leonin-5-E.jpg
  • Options
    ZeshioZeshio Member
    It's a very smart idea, for sure. Given that cosmetics would be removed during sieges it would make sense to give folks a color palette change based on their affiliations. God help us if two warring guilds have the same colors though! Probably going to need that emblem too.
  • Options
    What happens if the caravan carrying the uniform shipment gets destroyed by an opposing guild or faction, @Schmuky?

;)
  • Options
    SchmukySchmuky Member
    What happens if the caravan carrying the uniform shipment gets destroyed by an opposing guild or faction, @Schmuky?

;)

You can have war crimes! AKA using an enemy's uniform to infiltrate them.

Leonin-5-E.jpg
  • Options
    GubiakGubiak Member
    While this furthers the idea if guild identity I am not sure if this is something everyone would be okay with, like having a character fantasy of being a colourful bard but having guild colours be grey and brown kinda kills the fantasy potentially. I would argue that if there is an option to dye your armour then why not have this as a guild policy and ask people to dye their stuff in guild colours ?
  • Options
    BiccusBiccus Member
    As far as I can was aware dyes are craftable in the game. I would then put it to the guild to make the dyes themselves and distribute it to their own members.

The crest thing I like though, it’ll be hard to implement but I don’t mind the option of having the crest somewhere on your gear.
  • Options
    SchmukySchmuky Member
    Gubiak wrote: »
    While this furthers the idea if guild identity I am not sure if this is something everyone would be okay with, like having a character fantasy of being a colourful bard but having guild colours be grey and brown kinda kills the fantasy potentially. I would argue that if there is an option to dye your armour then why not have this as a guild policy and ask people to dye their stuff in guild colours ?
    Biccus wrote: »
    As far as I can was aware dyes are craftable in the game. I would then put it to the guild to make the dyes themselves and distribute it to their own members.

The crest thing I like though, it’ll be hard to implement but I don’t mind the option of having the crest somewhere on your gear.

I wanna answer both at the same time. If the guild say "use dyes for your armor" is actually horrible. They are permanent and you need a new set every time you swap your armor.

As I said before, I think this should be something as simple as "Show Helmet" in other MMOs. Maybe make it part of the Guild Progression so its not free for every guild, but rather those that have been around for awhile.

If guilds start implementing mandatory dyes, it would be horrible for the colorful bard, as now your armor is permanently grey and brown, compared to being grey and brown during a few specific events.
    Leonin-5-E.jpg
  • Options
    RocketFarmerRocketFarmer Member
    edited May 2021
    What about guild flags or banners? Have them pop up during PVP themed events. Support characters could have buffs for carrying one, and you could place a small flag on the backpack of every character. Or arm bands.

Arrow fletchings could be in the guild’s colors during the PVP themed events.

Painted shields are also common for the common soldier.

Any plans for coats of arms?

Mount barding should have the colors with the excel of knights who fight under their own colors.
  • Options
    ThexBlackxKnightThexBlackxKnight Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Since I want to create a guild themed around a evil knighthood , I would be all for flags and banners working like that.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Since I want to create a guild themed around a evil knighthood , I would be all for flags and banners working like that.

Do you want a contract?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace