Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Costumes

Why are you so aggressively opposed to female hypersexuality?
I agree that the armor should protect the hero's body.
And let the armor remain as it is.
But costumes are something else.
For example, I want to play in prettier and lighter costumes, I don't like plate armor.
Why not add both types of costumes? Everyone would play on what is aesthetically pleasing to him.
Also, you often write that open armor is not realistic. But the fire dragon is also not realistic. I'm not playing the game to be realistic.
Why do you dislike the way others try to express themselves?
e165c8800d5c414599c7cc17b3222fde.jpg
fc621f7e616aee2988df3c4067649387.png
bf361cca928e5630eb37365b41b7c18d.png

Comments

• Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ah of course, FF14 examples xP

If something doesn't fit the lore, Intrepid will not add. And I have high doubts those ff14 armours are remotely close to what would fit
  • Options
    cyanideinsanitycyanideinsanity Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    edited May 2021
    STMWoTG.jpg
  • Options
    Conrad wrote: »

If something doesn't fit the lore, Intrepid will not add. And I have high doubts those ff14 armours are remotely close to what would fit

This is Archeage.
    It seems to me that it is impossible to fit everything into lore.
    The game should be visually pleasing.
    Game biomes are awesome, but most of the existing costumes are poor. They are gray and awkward, this is not what I would like to see. My life is already poor and gray, and games somehow save it. But imagining that my character will be like my reality is very depressing for me.
    Also, I perfectly understand that part of the audience who have exactly the opposite opinion. And unlike them, I would listen to their opinion. I would like to see both types of costumes. It is necessary to fight for what you want, but do not forget about the interests of other people.
  • Options
    clonezilla wrote: »

This is Archeage.
    Game biomes are awesome, but most of the existing costumes are poor. They are gray and awkward, this is not what I would like to see. My life is already poor and gray, and games somehow save it. But imagining that my character will be like my reality is very depressing for me.
    Also, I perfectly understand that part of the audience who have exactly the opposite opinion. And unlike them, I would listen to their opinion. I would like to see both types of costumes. It is necessary to fight for what you want, but do not forget about the interests of other people.

This isn't ff14 tho. Here we have armour or armour like outfits. No dresses or suits. You're thinking of a wrong game
  • Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

This is Archeage.

This isn't ff14 tho. Here we have armour or armour like outfits. No dresses or suits. You're thinking of a wrong game

Those pictures aren't from FF14 they're from the game that largely inspired this one, Archeage, and is why some of the store cosmetics are already a little out there.

As for @clonezilla's questions about being afraid of female hypersexuality I say if Intrepid goes that way in their designs then they should just have it be for both sexes...if I pick up a chainmail bikini I don't want it suddenly turning into a big piece of plate armor, no no, my male Orc barbarian best be running around w/ pec supports and a thong
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm of the mindset that I'd prefer not to have sexulization, but if there is then it should be equal for males and females. I don't think I'd ever advocate for having female sexualization specifically, because there are plenty of other ways to enjoy that type of content outside of this game.

However, if the goal is to include a combination of both "armor" and "costume" looks, I think their past cosmetics already suggest that's the path they are taking: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Costumes

We already know we'll have prettier and lighter things such as dresses based on what they've already added. This shows they're going to add in a wide variety of armors and cosmetics. I don't think there is any reason to specifically sexualize these costumes any more than they already are:

Flawless_Finery.png

vlcsnap-2021-05-03-11h29m46s464.png

450px-Celebrants_of_the_Rose.png

Harmony_Attire.png

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Jamation

Thanks, as I was reading this thread I was thinking to post exactly those images. Then I got to the part where you did it.

Personally, I prefer a bit of the sexualization. It is just a kick ass aesthetic I have loved my whole life thanks to things like heavy metal magazine, conan the barbarian, elric of melnibone, and many others. I know Korean MMOs took the aesthetics and dialed them up to 11, which just made people dislike it. Still within reason, I like seeing female characters that look like they belong on the cover of a power metal album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgdNuq40ZVs

TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Jamation wrote: »
    I'm of the mindset that I'd prefer not to have sexulization, but if there is then it should be equal for males and females. I don't think I'd ever advocate for having female sexualization specifically, because there are plenty of other ways to enjoy that type of content outside of this game.

However, if the goal is to include a combination of both "armor" and "costume" looks, I think their past cosmetics already suggest that's the path they are taking: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Costumes

We already know we'll have prettier and lighter things such as dresses based on what they've already added. This shows they're going to add in a wide variety of armors and cosmetics. I don't think there is any reason to specifically sexualize these costumes any more than they already are:

Yes, I agree with you. I also believe that sexualization should be equal for mens and womens.
    I am not a supporter of too revealing outfits in games, but I am not against them either. If there are people who want to play them, then let them play.
    For example, the ArcheAge succubus costume. It's too open and can hardly be called a suit. But there are some people who like it and why limit them?

At the beginning of the topic, I attached screenshots of the costumes that I like and in which I would like to play.

My question was for people who don't like these suits. They want to see all the characters in realistic armor, but not in dresses. I don't understand them. They say that my tank in a dress prevents them from enjoying the game.
    But I want to play in this dress or tuxedo.

I really like some of the realized costumes. They are very beautiful, but also dark.
    450px-vlcsnap-2021-01-30-14h39m32s959.png
    Guise_of_the_Withered_Woods.png
    450px-Face_of_Sorrow.png

They should be. But also, I would like to see more positive light suits.
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    @Jamation

Thanks, as I was reading this thread I was thinking to post exactly those images. Then I got to the part where you did it.

Personally, I prefer a bit of the sexualization. It is just a kick ass aesthetic I have loved my whole life thanks to things like heavy metal magazine, conan the barbarian, elric of melnibone, and many others. I know Korean MMOs took the aesthetics and dialed them up to 11, which just made people dislike it. Still within reason, I like seeing female characters that look like they belong on the cover of a power metal album.

Yes, thanks for your comment. I agree with you!
  • Options
    i think youre just not seeing it out of their perspective, you want sexualization and fun/sexy armors. they want serious armors and the immersion it brings. you say it ruins it if you dont have it. they say it ruins it if they do.
    to put it simply they are not making a game that caters to the kind of style you want.
  • Options
    Sov54Sov54 Member
    edited May 2021

Those are probably the worst designs I've seen in my life lol. So gross and tasteless 😂

Dude, personally, I would even like some of Vek or Nikua's traditional female dresses to be bare chest. (I know, in some countries that's worse than committing a crime, so it will not happen).

But what you are asking for is probably anime schoolgirl sexualization, or the closest you can get.

That stuff don't have a place outside of a healthy-sexuality-deprived japanese culture.

Please, you have TONS of games that follows that aesthetic, don't try to push your (to me) disgusting fetish in everyone's face.

You have websites for that, my guy.

• Options
    Sov54Sov54 Member
    edited May 2021
    Edit

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    *meh*
    Different people have different world views.
    Steven is making the game he always wanted to make.
    If he's not into over-sexualization, he's not into over-sexualization.
    Not every MMORPG has to be include that.
    Sexualization is about as far down as one could get on my list of interests for playing an RPG.
    It can be fine if it's both for males and females...but I'm not going to miss it if it's not there.
    If scanty, flirty clothing is available I will have characters wearing it. Especially if we can "cross-dress", I will also have characters doing that. But...not every game is into overly sexy clothing.
    That's OK.
  • Options
    I don't care if there are over sexualised outfits, but anime esque outfits don't have a place in AoC, so I agree with @Sov54

Intrepid will know what fits
  • Options
    FerniFerni Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @clonezilla You don't need over sexualised outfits to dress "sexy" if that's what you are worried about.
    I'm pretty sure there will be a variety of outfits to choose in the game and you will find one that you like but if you are looking for a heavy plate bikini armor AoC won't have that.

• Options
    GrihmGrihm Member
    edited June 2021
    For example, I want to play in prettier and lighter costumes, I don't like plate armor.
    Why not add both types of costumes? Everyone would play on what is aesthetically pleasing to him.
    Also, you often write that open armor is not realistic. But the fire dragon is also not realistic. I'm not playing the game to be realistic.

You are fully respected for wanting to use what armor you want, what colors you want of course....but why do you see a JRPG Final fantasy styled armor would have a place in AOC? I know of no connection to any class, area or region that a white suit and tie and a K-pop band hairstyle would fit. This is in no way ment as a disrespect, but only the way i express it as explaining it. Personally, i think the JRPG games have the worst armor and clothes of any game, but i absolutely support it existing in the games where they belong.

I do not see them working in this environment however.

Would you say a 40K Deathwatch Chapter Master would fit in Animal Crossing, or that Zelda would fit in perfectly in the world of Hitman? I hope there will be options for players to feel welcome here, but not everything can fit.

I have played FF14 for a few hours ( i know this is archage not FF ), and i will not keep it up. I cannot feel at home in that sort of genre. There are no armors for me, no clothes, and i feel just amazingly odd and left out. Again, i respect the people that enjoy that style, i just do not.
  • Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Grihm wrote: »

You are fully respected for wanting to use what armor you want, what colors you want of course....but why do you see a JRPG Final fantasy styled armor would have a place in AOC? I know of no connection to any class, area or region that a white suit and tie and a K-pop band hairstyle would fit. This is in no way ment as a disrespect, but only the way i express it as explaining it. Personally, i think the JRPG games have the worst armor and clothes of any game, but i absolutely support it existing in the games where they belong.

Would you say a 40K Deathwatch Chapter Master would fit in Animal Crossing, or that Zelda would fit in perfectly in the world of Hitman? I hope there will be options for players to feel welcome here, but not everything can fit.

I have played FF14 for a few hours ( i know this is archage not FF ), and i will not keep it up. I cannot feel at home in that sort of genre. There are no armors for me, no clothes, and i feel just amazingly odd and left out. Again, i respect the people that enjoy that style, i just do not.

TBH it's not like AoC really has a set aesthetic I've seen costumes that run the gambit from Roman Centurion to Victorian Nobleman.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    GrihmGrihm Member
    Maezriel wrote: »
    Grihm wrote: »

TBH it's not like AoC really has a set aesthetic I've seen costumes that run the gambit from Roman Centurion to Victorian Nobleman.

I´m just thinking about the general world and the aesthetics so far, and i really don´t have any JRPG vibes from anything as of yet. I may be wrong and i have missed a lot, but just what i have seen so far.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Some of those fit pretty well with a Stufferton mount.
  • Options
    Per Twitch logic, as long as you are near a body of water...