Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Just saw the siege video

I was really impressed there wasn't any lag in 50 v 50, or if there was, it was very minimal.
WoW certainly couldn't do that.
Game looks like it's coming along really well, and I hope the siege system continues to be expanded upon.
It really feels like they are delivering on what they promised so far.

It's clearly still in alpha, but it's definitely coming along very well.
Just wanted to share that I'm quite impressed and I hope the dev team can keep up the great work.

Comments

• SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The siege was on a dedicated server and the population was reduced for the footage you saw. Live servers still have rubber banding and does not look as lush in terms of Graphics compared to the Siege Build. The game is moving in the right direction but the server stability still has to be conquered (Could be conquered before next spot test but unclear at this time). The engine is still giving issues and the Devs are still battling the engine. Can't wait for the month long A1 Test though. 4 Sieges a day and 30 days which equates to 120 Sieges in total for that test period.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Neurath wrote: »
    The siege was on a dedicated server and the population was reduced for the footage you saw.

AAHH! Stop crushing my hopes and dreams!
    Seriously though, ty for the clarification. Still, it looked like a lot of fun.
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Its best to keep an even keel to be fair. Though there is a lot to be hyped about, I do not deny. I'm waiting on the combat revamps first and foremost though. :)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • roostroost Member
    Blackford wrote: »
    I was really impressed there wasn't any lag in 50 v 50, or if there was, it was very minimal.
    WoW certainly couldn't do that.

We gotta stop comparing this game to WoW. WoW runs on a modified version of the warcraft 3 engine, and it came out 20 years ago. This game is running on a modern engine with modern netcode.
  • Agreed.
    But still, it was pretty impressive.
    I'm used to significant slowdown in 10v10 WVPV so it was great to see things actually working out with that many players.