Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Monumental Abilities Concepts and a Guild Question

AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Because I just have too many ideas.

So we know about Siege Summons.

And we know about the Tank Wall ability, whatever that's going to end up being exactly.

And if they don't let mages summon a giant single meteor I will be disappointed.

But what else?

Together Rogues could get Smokescreen, with the leader directing the line along which it appears, and it blocks vision of a whole area (in a line, so that you actually get a tactical advantage from it).

Fighters an 'instakill' group attack combo of multiple leaping attacks to bring down one tough enemy or defense, maybe.

Clerics, combine multiple Hallowed Ground to put down a Divine Ward on a player to give them massive CC resist and healing as long as they stay in it, while DoT-ing enemy melee so that it has to be countered by mages or the Siege Summon, or just ignored.

Bards just Chorus it up and buff or debuff a massive radius

Rangers, 'Blot out the sun', obviously.

These can balance almost entirely off having some longer enforced cooldown, they already counter each other, and the ones that are really strong for fighting Siege Bosses or defensive mechanics also require you to spend entire slots and a party to do one thing.

But that's not actually what this post is about. My question for the community is, should lower level players be allowed to pad out the numbers in a group to allow for more usage of these abilities (balanced by the ability being weaker, just total up the Ranks that the players have in the ability to calculate effectiveness).

In Guild/Castle Sieges this might matter much less, but at 250v250, who knows? In Node Sieges it might be good? You would be able to include low level players who otherwise can't do much, by just adding them to the party once you have 'enough for general effectiveness', but tactically there are a lot of costs to this.

This allows 'a bunch of random cleric artisans' to just join up, even if their Divine Ward is actually weaker, it might fool the enemy for long enough to be interesting. Similar to '8 Rangers led by a top level Ranger' causing a panic when they fire their arrow rain, even though it might not do as much damage.

Would this be moreso epic, or annoying, with the numbers we've been told? Would your guild 'settle for' staying at 100 size with 20-25 lower level players if this was possible, or would you still always aim to gather 100x high level players even if they didn't fit the criteria or tactics to use these?
Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

Comments

• maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think lore wise it makes the most sense if this ability is locked until you cap at Max level (Lv50) as a "graduation" for reaching the end of exp growth.

Reasons:
    • Signals clear direction of gameplay post hitting the level cap
    • Encourages you to help other people on their journey to hit the cap (since you need 7 others)
    • Competitive advantages to guilds who find ways to fast track levelling for their members
    • Can be calculated based on character stats, regardless of level scaling
    • Makes the ability truly epic to witness in battle (because it represents the significant effort required to pull it off)
    • It creates a Hall of Fame in each server for the first 8 players of each class to hit Cap beyond the first.
    • These people will initially hold immense influence, which is bound to create political chaos.
    I wish I were deep and tragic