Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I am thinking to buy into alpha but have few questions

darkrangerdarkranger Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I been following the game for a while . i know alpha isnt full game and is a test but sure the extra stuff i will get from 500$ seems to be legit .

11 months of game
150$ of store things.

so overall seems legit offer since you get some goodies .

if i get it today will i able to go in today or there is a new date to test the alpha.

500$ to me isnt much for me i am not here to brag but i really love to support games that i have faith in even if the outcome isnt live up to the hype . i like ides :)

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2021
    We have spot tests ongoing at the moment. The month long Alpha 1 test is in July and August. You missed yesterdays test but there might be extra tests next week to compensate.

Edit: Also, the cosmetics change each month. If you don't like the current cosmetics the A1 Package will still be available when the cosmetics change.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Testing windows are small for spot tests, there is a general schedule for spot tests but it changes.
    So no, you can't jump in to test whenever you want (until July, as Neurath said).

Even then, persistent test server is not expected until A2.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    darkrangerdarkranger Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    maouw wrote: »
    Testing windows are small for spot tests, there is a general schedule for spot tests but it changes.
    So no, you can't jump in to test whenever you want (until July, as Neurath said).

Even then, persistent test server is not expected until A2.

thank you . cant wait to test it .
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @darkranger the cosmetics will be rolling over to a new set on June 9th. You unlock the ability to buy 'investor' cosmetics from future options with the left over (or can keep it till later I think? Less sure on that.) You therefore have the option to buy on the 9th if you arent interested in any of the current and still get into the spot testing next week. But if you like basically anything in the current set, its still worth buying since you gain access to buying future ones. (I'm a costume monster, so just wanted to give clearer insight if you're a fellow costume collector)

Last thing to consider is the only classes available for testing rn are mage, tank, and cleric and they arent quite at the 'focused on combat' part just yet (,though that is coming in the nearish future.) Its fun to test but not a 'game' yet. If any of those factors are discouraging, maybe a particularly inspiring costume set will come out when things are a little more interesting for your tastes.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @darkranger As someone who bought the game fully expecting a clunky/buggy pos version of what will one day be released, I am blown away at the quality we have already. It feels amazing and is a VERY good core of what I hope to one day play with my discord community.

That being said, I definitely bought into the A1 to be able to "play" the game (even though we were all warned repeatedly that A1 was not meant to play but to help test. I have completed everything there is to complete aside from a couple world bosses that couldn't be done due to rubberbanding issues at the time. It takes a couple of days to do everything and then there isn't anything to do other than find more bugs and report them. If you find this enjoyable, definitely join us!

Spot tests are 3 hours here, 5 hours there kind of thing. One day it was lagging so bad that is was unplayable (the very first day). One day it was fine in certain areas and my guild progressed together and had a blast. One day it ran perfectly for me and I was able to grind some mobs and complete 20+ quests without issue (aside from some broken quests that have since then been fixed). The most recent day had some fatal errors and testing had to be cancelled. To me, all of this is acceptable and you have to feel the same way or it won't be worth it. We must suffer so that the masses may enjoy it at launch : ).

July will hopefully bring a month long test and soon we "may" be testing sieges. Overall, it is very much worth it for the $500 to me.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I thought the $500 package included not 11 months of game time, but lifetime subscription?

"Price: $500 ($550 for Summer Crowdfunding) Kickstarter Pledge & Summer Crowdfunding Package includes: Invite to Closed Alpha - Phase 1 (Earliest Access to Ashes!) Lifetime subscription to Ashes of Creation! Access to Live launch head-start - 2 days early! Exclusive in-game cosmetic items (Kickstarter pledge ONLY): Kickstarter Exclusive - Dawnbreaker epic mount Kickstarter Exclusive - Character Royalty costume Guild Name reservation - 1 Name reserved Monster Tokens x 5 - Elite Tier Unique “Braver of worlds” forum badge"
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    akabear wrote: »
    I thought the $500 package included not 11 months of game time, but lifetime subscription?

"Price: $500 ($550 for Summer Crowdfunding) Kickstarter Pledge & Summer Crowdfunding Package includes: Invite to Closed Alpha - Phase 1 (Earliest Access to Ashes!) Lifetime subscription to Ashes of Creation! Access to Live launch head-start - 2 days early! Exclusive in-game cosmetic items (Kickstarter pledge ONLY): Kickstarter Exclusive - Dawnbreaker epic mount Kickstarter Exclusive - Character Royalty costume Guild Name reservation - 1 Name reserved Monster Tokens x 5 - Elite Tier Unique “Braver of worlds” forum badge"

You bought the cool version of the $500 package. Some of us found out about AoC too late and we are stuck with only 11 months haha.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2021
    Not wanting to hijack a thread here for own agenda but I guess two questions here:

a) I haven`t bought this upgrade yet but as seriously considering it, not for the alpha play but for the life time subscription, so I wanted to know if the upgrade is offering what I interpret it states?

b) which raises the other question, are others getting different offers based on when they joined?
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2021
    1) No, you can always upgrade if you are a kickstarter or summer backer and you would get the lifetime sub I believe. The current pack is not the pack you upgrade to unless you weren't a kickstarter or summer backer.

2) Yes, for the same price point the testers have different things. We don't even get unique skins in the upgrade from A2 to A1 at the present packages.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    truelytruely Member, Alpha One
    edited June 2021
    lifetime sub was only for early backers, if you don't have it now you won't be able to get it.

I won A1 in their raffle. The spot tests aren't really fun as there are many issues but with the right expectations of A1 when July hits playtesting can still be fun. For the most part the amount of fun you can have is how the game is compared to expectations of the game but if you've watched the monthly updates you should be able to see roughly where the game is, there isn't that much there. Also the game doesn't have much content and quite a lot of the quests are bugged.