Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What kind of 'maps'/environments do people want to see in open world battlegrounds?

terrain, verticality, choke points, etc... any favorite maps in mmo pvp prior to this?

Comments

• Options
    GrihmGrihm Member
    Snowstorms, heavy rain and thunder, foggy.
    I feel any location can be interesting, but with a focus on height in the map, different ways to reach locations, large areas, optional ways to move unseen for flanking.

I cannot wait to be in a siege with horrible weather conditions, and managing all things between manpower, arrows, siege weapons, troop movements and general survival.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That would be an interesting twist.
    Having variation in weather and time of day effecting vision and ability/movement I think would be fun.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There will be seasons in the game and weather influenced by where you are, such as mountains in the north. We know that magic will also change weather, though few details of how that works.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2021
    Well, there are magical seasons.
    Climate and seasons can affect abilities.
    I think that might be different than magic changing weather? Is there a dev quote for that?
  • Options
    InixiaInixia Member
    edited June 2021
    how do people feel about bridge maps? Like stretching over an open icy mountain pass and both sides need to push for military control (with flanking reduced)? I feel like these show up from time to time.

Or do you all prefer less controlled/natural settings with lots of caves, nooks and crannies for ambushes? I think something like that makes a lot of sense in the underrealm or a forest. I think these are a lot of fun but too many obstacles starts to favor close range sometimes. Especially if you add in some effects like fog, makes things pretty eerie but in a fun way
  • Options
    GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I want to see some lightning on a mountain. Also, it's planned for skills to increase in particular climates, so it would be awesome if you're fighting on a mountain top against some world boss and you wait for the weather to be perfect to get some awesome lightning bonus damage buff.
    bRVL6TR.png