Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Military Metropolis - Colosseum

Don't know if this has been proposed or already thought yet, but it would be awesome to have a Colosseum once the Military node becomes a Metropolis. It could be an ultimate building/wonder or its Superpower. At the Colosseum you can place bets on the winner and watch various types of fights:
1. 1v1 - player level and gear is stripped, both are given a standard weapon and armor of their choice
2. 1vbeast/s - player level and gear is stripped and he fights creatures from Vera, pets or made by the husbandry profession. Fighting player chooses how many beasts he fights at once. The beasts receive a 5x boost for their attack/HP.
3. 1vX - player level and gear is stripped, player can choose what to fight as long as he selects at least 2 opponents (ie. 2 beasts, 1 player + 1 beast, 2 players...)
4. Brawl - player/s level and gear is stripped, the mayor of the Metropolis can choose a number of people/creatures to fight in this round (there should be a cap of 50 players/beasts and the default is 20). This mode will be a free-for-all type with only 1 winner.

Betting starts with 125% winning gain, loser gets 0 back. The more a player/beast has more fights won or lost, the winning percentage increases or decreases (if more won, percentage of winnings goes lower to the cap of 100% back or 1:1; if more lost, percentage grows to a maximum of 300% or 3:1), this way you can accommodate the Underdog principle.

In order to prevent fraudulent betting (intentional losing then winning to get maximum bet gain), certain patterns will be checked and/or proof given by other participants. If found guilty or a repeated offender there will be 4 types of punishment:
1. first offense: fraudulent player will receive his initial bet amount back (if he bet 100 gold, he gets back 100 gold). Account gets a 3 day betting ban on server.
2. second offense: fraudulent player will lose all his initial bet amount and account is banned from betting for 1 week.
3. third offense: fraudulent player will lose all his initial bet amount + all his carried gold, 1 month ban from entering or performing any actions* inside a Military Metropolis for 1 month
4. fourth offense: fraudulent player will lose all his initial bet amount + all his carried gold with 6 months to 1 year of Military Metropolis performing any actions or entering ban.

*Performing any actions refers to the inability to interact with NPCs, buildings, buying/selling. Player can only walk, run or jump in that Metropolis.

Colosseum will look like a Roman one, with a circular center "stage" with sand on the floor and gates from where players/beats enter the area, surrounded by seats vertically. There could also be a reserved VIP lounge where the mayor can sit with 3-5 of his buddies. Mayor could also elect an announcer of he can be the MC.

Players that win a certain amount of battles receive some type of reward such as an achievement, title, PvP specific gear, Colosseum paint and so on. Rewards could start incrementally from 10 battles won, then 20, then 30 and so on until 100, then incremental by 100. Cap should be 1000 where you get various rewards and the title of Gladiator Supreme or Gladiator God or God of War :D; maybe also a statue of your character in front of the Colosseum or something majestic.

Comments

• Options
    ZeshioZeshio Member
    The colosseum seems like a safe bet for the large military node, although I'd love to see something a little more original for a superpower, like a war college, or a huge cannon or something unique.

However, I think the colosseum would definitely promote big server wide fight events, such as bracketed events or tourneys that people could participate and bet in. I don't think Steven/Intrepid are going to enforce penalties on those cheating- I think they consider it a part of the social factor of the game. People are going to try to 'cheat' regardless of what systems are in place, so sometimes it may be more appropriate to roll with it and allow a cool story to form out of it rather than have GMs hawking over events.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Greetings,

Ashes has something similar to what you have in mind planned already:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Arenas

That being said, Steven did talk about this a little in the recent AMA on twitch. My personal takeaway was that NOTHING is currently set in stone when it comes to anything regarding military nodes or any level five nodes.

It is just too soon in the games design to tell.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Greetings,

Ashes has something similar to what you have in mind planned already:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Arenas

That being said, Steven did talk about this a little in the recent AMA on twitch. My personal takeaway was that NOTHING is currently set in stone when it comes to anything regarding military nodes or any level five nodes.

It is just too soon in the games design to tell.

Well...yeah...kinda, but not really. The betting system would actually incentives people to participate more actively and crowds will gather, plus it will not be instanced. The only downside is that it can't really be cross-server, or maybe it could, I don't know the dev limitations for that.
    Also, it will be a much smaller arena and default gear for all and you'd fight beasts too if you want.
  • Options
    Zeshio wrote: »
    However, I think the colosseum would definitely promote big server wide fight events, such as bracketed events or tourneys that people could participate and bet in. I don't think Steven/Intrepid are going to enforce penalties on those cheating- I think they consider it a part of the social factor of the game. People are going to try to 'cheat' regardless of what systems are in place, so sometimes it may be more appropriate to roll with it and allow a cool story to form out of it rather than have GMs hawking over events.

You might be right about the cheating, but I don't know...he could've leave the PK as global PvP with 0 repercussions, but alas, he didn't. I say that limitations are good if it balances the gameplay a little.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Seisure wrote: »
    Well...yeah...kinda, but not really. The betting system would actually incentives people to participate more actively and crowds will gather, plus it will not be instanced. The only downside is that it can't really be cross-server, or maybe it could, I don't know the dev limitations for that.
    Also, it will be a much smaller arena and default gear for all and you'd fight beasts too if you want.

IDK, I have been betting on duels since diablo 2... I don't know that we need a betting system to bet on duals.

All you need is an open space and a dueling system. Which is something the game has.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    SeisureSeisure Member
    edited June 2021
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    IDK, I have been betting on duels since diablo 2... I don't know that we need a betting system to bet on duals.

All you need is an open space and a dueling system. Which is something the game has.

Not for the direct participants...but other 30 people can spectate and bet on the winner. I don't think you understood the Colosseum principle fully :D. It is more for the people that don't actively play/fight.