Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PVP Question

edited June 2021 in Support & FAQ
I have huge hopes for Ashes.. HUGE..

I'm aware that PVP is going to be a part of the game in terms of Node Sieges but will pvp appear elsewhere on the regular?

Every single video I watch involves some guys beating up Steven's tank with some dude in a staff that seems to have crazy DPS and amazing CC Combos.. Is this really going to be the game? Step out of the local tavern and poof, 3 quarter staves to the head and dead?

I'm honestly sick and tired of PVP MMO's favouring twitchy min/maxers whose sole purpose is to ruin someone's night. I just quit Eve because of it.

I want to build something, I want to create something, I want to quest for a couple years to finally get that thing of the uber and not have someone whack me for the lulz because I focus on PvE and suck at PvP. Yes, I can admit it.. I suck.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Open world pvp is available everywhere.
    Town guards will auto aggro red players.
    I don't think ganking will be anywhere near as rampant as some people think/hope. The corruption system will curb some of it.
    Caravans and various seiges and guild wars will be good fun.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Corruption should deter meaningless ganking and, for those who want to engage in meaningful, objective-based PvP, there are plenty of ways to do so.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yes, I can admit it.. I suck.
    Then I guess will only need to bring one quarter staff for your head... I jest.

Bloodprophet is right. The corruptions system will help.

The corruption system is harsh to allow people to PK when they really want to. Not just because you poked your head out from behind a rock.

In addition to that, just having a good guild name attached to your name can be a big deal. No one wants to attack a wasp nest. Yes, guilds can be a double-edged sword, but if you find a respectable guild you are less likely to be messed with.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    You will not feel safe here
  • Options
    Hey there friend! Looks like some helpful folks above already shared more details, and you can also check out more on our plans for PvP, including factors such as player flagging and corruption, in the helpful community-run wiki here.

We'll be testing many of these mechanics with our community during upcoming Alphas and Betas, to fine-tune the balance between fairness and fun!

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread on over to our Support & FAQ section and close it out, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can assist with in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.