Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Let's get dirty!

TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
Hello Everyone,

With all the cosmetics and armors we have, I feel like some of them are starting to look too clean. I hope that can change in game.
I'd love to see my (cosmetic) armor get stained with mud from me running and dodge rolling through it.
I also like to see my (cosmetic) armor get all scratched up and dirty, as I go through fights.

To return back to the original look of the armor there could have a button to clean your cosmetic armor, maybe an emote/animation with it.

*For those who aren't a fan of this feature, there could surely be a checkbox that allows you to turn this feature off.

Comments

• Options
    l3v3rag3l3v3rag3 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like it. could make it tied to durability instead if that is too hard for the devs to do reasonably
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think this one might be a lot of work to implement for every armour piece in the game. I'm kinda more against it than for it tbh
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited June 2021
    im down for more cosmetic looks and if they have the time, money, and heart to do it I don't see why not. There's a ton of crap like this in FF14 that is just in the game to flesh it out for a more meaningful and enjoyable experience and has no real gameplay advantage or effect.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This was asked in a Q&A last year. Pretty sure they said no plans at this time.
    Maybe that will change over time. Kind of like how the Dark Side corruption works over in SWToR. It changes the players skins and makes look sickly.
    I turned it off. But a system that makes you look dirty could work like foot prints in the ground. There for a short time and they fade away.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They already have 9 different looks for each armor set based on race. Adding change based on wear would be exponential work for them. I doubt they will do.
    Friday was the first time I noticed a Siege Armor Vendor. There was one set of Plate armor that looked shiny and new (magic stats) and another set of Plate armor that looked rusted and worn (physical stats).
    I preferred the look of the rusted armor even though the shiny armor had better stats for my Cleric - (probably because most of the armor in Ashes looks so pristine).
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    They already have 9 different looks for each armor set based on race. Adding change based on wear would be exponential work for them. I doubt they will do.
    Friday was the first time I noticed a Siege Armor Vendor. There was one set of Plate armor that looked shiny and new (magic stats) and another set of Plate armor that looked rusted and worn (physical stats).
    I preferred the look of the rusted armor even though the shiny armor had better stats for my Cleric - (probably because most of the armor in Ashes looks so pristine).

Yeah agreed there, unless they have a potential system in place for battle damage / dirt
  • Options
    Sounds like a Kingdom Come thing, where you had barrels of water every three or four paces that you had to keep washing in.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/