Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Could we force corruption on others?

I was thinking of the corruption system and thought about a group of combatants attacking other combatants while non-combatants are mixed within their group (I know, sounds confusing) whose main job is to be killed and rewarded by their guild through the extra loot gained from corrupt players they indirectly created and then taken on raids later on to eliminate the negative experience they gained. Using non-combatants like this could discourage AOE attacks or force a non-combatants to turn corrupted by accidentally killing a non-combatants while defending their guild (resulting in the extra loot mentioned). Would this be a strategic approach to open world combat between guilds? This sounds ridiculous I know, but I still wanted to get feedback on it.

Comments

• Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Wouldn't work because Ashes is planning to have an AoE toggle for PvP so players need to enable that toggle for their AoE attacks to hit other players while they're non-combatants.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Talents wrote: »
    Wouldn't work because Ashes is planning to have an AoE toggle for PvP so players need to enable that toggle for their AoE attacks to hit other players while they're non-combatants.

So it’s not possible to use an AoE on two combatants while a non-combatants is standing between them? Like collateral damage? The target would be the combatants not the non-combatants.

• Options
    Trikyfizzz wrote: »
    Talents wrote: »

So it’s not possible to use an AoE on two combatants while a non-combatants is standing between them? Like collateral damage? The target would be the combatants not the non-combatants.

Unless you push the toggle to attack non-combatants you will not actively hit non-combatants. You do not need to toggle this option to attack a red or purple, so there is no risk of collateral damage to non-combatants.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Would the non-combatant be immune to damage if caught inside an AoE meant for a combatant?
  • Options
    Trikyfizzz wrote: »
    Would the non-combatant be immune to damage if caught inside an AoE meant for a combatant?

the aoe would just not target or affect them in anyway, at least that is my understanding. its like if you were to cast an aoe on a party member. You're spell just doesn't affect them.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    GrihmGrihm Member
    Sounds like the massive problem in Division 2 PVP in the first few month´s. If you could by " accident " hurt another player, you could bet any amount, that would be abused to no ends.