Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

fist weapons.

PhennnPhennn Member
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I dont know about everybody else here but I know that one weapon type I think would be just awesome and make sense in light of beast races is fist weapons of like knucle weapons being the blunt version meant to be used against heavy armor and than more awesomely, claw weapons that if you look up elderscrolls online xivkyn armor and look at the hands than you get what i mean of like gloves that have metal armor surrounding the fingers that culminate in sharp tips.
I personally would love to see weapons like this eseciallly if you guys make the talnar do more dmg with unarmed due to having claws and in a world where a group of people have deadly razor sharp claws it would make sense entire fighting styles and weapon to be built around that and for claw weapons like this to even be used by those without claws who still decide to learn from those who do have claws. really i guess it comes down to i would love if from day one on release unarmed builds or i guess fist weapon builds were more viable than in games like elder scrolls cause really i feel the more viable options a mmo offers the better and better things get in terms of making a part because you could start having to decide on who to bring and what you really need rather than like in eso where its really just for trial runs, a few tanks, a lot of dps, and a few healers with it doesnt matter really at all what any of you can do so long as your dps is above a certain threshhold or your survival lets you live for minutes of punishment from the bosses or that your healing output is just above the lowest limit you know. i guess what im saying is i hope that what build you run is important more than the general and parties get built around even what damage types the group has or lacks so that things arent always bland and the same old same old.

Comments

• Options
    ZeshioZeshio Member
    Hi @Phennn ! This might be better posted in the general discussion area, but welcome!

There's currently no plans to implement fist weapons, given the list of weapons and the weapon skill tree currently being built for the game. However, you never know, we might see a fist weapon class make it in at some point!
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thread moved from Community Creations to General Discussion.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Steven has mentioned that he wouldn't be against the idea of adding a Druid and Martial class down the line. Fist Weapons would go w/ that very well.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    The "Weapon Master" (Fighter/Fighter), "Duelist" (Rogue/Fighter), "Predator" (Rogue/Ranger) or "Assassin" (Rogue/Rogue) all feel like appropriate Archetype opportunities to allow for Fist/Katar weapons, if Intrepid chooses to design them.

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • Options
    PhennnPhennn Member
    for one sorry i dindt know where to post :smiley: so thanks for movin it! also thanks to ya all for bein so quick to chime in! i honestly didnt expect to hear that not only was it one of the things NOT off the table but there was at least mentions of it already! i love hearing that the ideas i think would be fun or cool is already in the heads of the devs so thanks so much for that! all in all i will be here day one the beta is out and whether or not there is fist weapons know that i already LOVE what i have seen and lack of fist weapons would only be akin to not having the last sprinkle to the most perfect cake! :wink: