Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Does any archetype boost the other?

Was thinking about all the different classes and combinations there are, and how one could boost another depending on it´s main and secondary Archetypes.

I don´t know if any of this are in the works or have been talked about, but In short.. Are there any classes that works in tandem with each other?
Example :

* If three tanks put down a shield-wall side by side, any rangers behind the tanks get ..lets say a +5 range
* Any healer surrounded by at least 4 magic wielding characters, the healer can heal faster / further or in a wider area
* A mage that roots him/herself to the ground behind a ballista or trebuchet adds a spell to the projectile

and on it goes.

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I am very against spreadsheet gaming.
    Why do you need to add numerical components? It works without them.

Tanks go forth, protecting the real fire power that cowers behind.

Why enhance the healer with 4 magic group members? So that all parties weed out the melee and have a boosted pocket healer?

Why root mages to siege weapon? So that people get screamed at "you are not a mage, the siege weapon isnt running at optimal power, get out".

It's a non esport game. Use tactics based on actions and logic, not according to the best value found on your calculator.
  • Options
    ZeshioZeshio Member
    There's nothing of that sort discussed in AoC, outside of the way groups of archetypes can do siege summons. Perhaps in the future they might have different combinations of archetypes to create different summons.

In a general sense, there will always be 'boosts' depending on who you bring to the party. Obviously having a bard that can buff a certain amount of folks is going to provide more help or utility than if they just were another fighting body.

I also believe Steven mentioned in the AMA the other day that they were considering formations for players that would grant them temporary buffs, but who knows if that'll actually be a thing.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well...
    Tanks will be able to work together to create a massive wall.
    Summoners will be able to work together to create a massive golem.

I don't believe we've heard anything about abilities from different Primary Archetypes working together in the manner suggested in the OP.
    But, classes might be able to do something kind of similar:
    A Protector might be able to add an augment to Hallowed Ground that would boost the abilities of allied Rangers standing in the AOE.
    Based on what Steven said during the recent AMA, it's theoretically possible that a Bard my be able to lay down a formation whereby a healer surrounded by Mages would gain increased healing.
    Probably would not be a Mage that can add a projectile to a ballista, but maybe a Weapon Master or Spellsword could. Seems unlikely but not impossible. We need to learn more about Fighter abilities. I would think that would more likely be some Crafter ability.
  • Options
    GrihmGrihm Member

Zeshio wrote: »
    There's nothing of that sort discussed in AoC, outside of the way groups of archetypes can do siege summons. Perhaps in the future they might have different combinations of archetypes to create different summons.

In a general sense, there will always be 'boosts' depending on who you bring to the party. Obviously having a bard that can buff a certain amount of folks is going to provide more help or utility than if they just were another fighting body.

I also believe Steven mentioned in the AMA the other day that they were considering formations for players that would grant them temporary buffs, but who knows if that'll actually be a thing.

Formations would be a very good way to add this. Just the fact it was mentioned or thought about is enough for me at this point. Who knows where it can go =)
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would believe (and hope) that Intrepid would not add anything that would make Bards less effective or undesired in fights like the Poison Dragon.