Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Why $15 Monthly May NOT be enough

JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
This video is a detailed answer to threads like

https://www.reddit.com/r/AshesofCreation/comments/o8ub6q/why_is_15_month_not_enough/

In that thread I gave a breakdown of the money from the $90,000,000 annually that Ok-Brilliant-2050 stipulated that Intrepid Studios would make. They are under the assumption that $7,5000,000 monthly means that Steven can pay himself back in less than 6 months.

It is ok to have that opinion, until you have experience with business, and you want to take a genuine look at where the money is going to go.

So, as a follow up to my answer in that thread, I put together this video. Hope it clears up any confusion about why $15 Monthly may NOT be enough and why Intrepid has chosen to use a Cosmetic Cash Shop option.

https://youtu.be/rcPt_g8iMWc
hpsmlCJ.jpg
Make sure to check out Ashes 101

Comments

• EathanEathan Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like ya vid G
    Eathanbanner.png
  • ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    edited July 2021
    Edit: :3
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• MerekMerek Member
    The only issue I have with it is lack of creativity resulting in cosmetic options that change the overall look and feel of the game. How long until the cash shop allows for cosmetics that completely diverge from the theme of the game? Even some of the past packs have had questionable design choices.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Laughs in lifetime sub :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Merek wrote: »
    The only issue I have with it is lack of creativity resulting in cosmetic options that change the overall look and feel of the game. How long until the cash shop allows for cosmetics that completely diverge from the theme of the game? Even some of the past packs have had questionable design choices.

For once I see eye to eye with @Jahlon

Also on what @Merek pointed out as well. During some time in other MMOs, the greed monster takes over and all they start to care about is pushing out more cash shop items for higher prices even if it goes against their initial vision.
    one way other games have gotten away with doing this was DLC's or expansions that were totally over the top or diverged in theme. This gave them the permission in a sense to make these cosmetics or items.