twinking / stat requirements for armor

ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
so i know they have said their wont be stat requirements to equip Armor, the reasoning being they don't want to force certain classes to have to go down a meta build to equip items for example the bis tank chest requiring to much of one stat to equip so they never use it

however, this could be a missed opportunity, there is a fantastic twinking aspect when gear requires stats to equip, if say a chest required 20 stamina/20 strength to equip, you could equip pants that add bonus stam/strength to equip the chest piece without having to put excess points in str/stam, then you could go ahead and remove the pants,

this could be super fun having to collect different Armor pieces to use for twinking purposes, it could also theoretically let you equip super high pieces of Armor at low levels if you had the knowledge/equipment to do so.

this could be pushed further by nodes giving temporary stat buffs, ( im not 100 % sure on the stats in game so this is just an example ) but maybe a level 6 military node would give everyone that was a member of the node + 10 strength whilst it is active, this could be used to twink/equip armor with str requirements without spending bonus points.

just some thoughts its definitely a complicated system but super fun if done right,

please let me know yours!

Comments

• AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The game is not even in the "real" alpha 1 test, it is far from release, and you already suggest an idea, to mechanically abuse the game... ... ...

*sigh*

Ok, what you speak about is abusing a game, some you can, other you can't. Some devs are fine with people abusing it, some are not fine with it.
    But it is "abusing game mechanic" like the "gearswap" in FFXI (and devs were fine with it). On FFXI you can change your whole stuff during a fight. (nekogirl striptease to change her top during a fight against a marlboro... what bad could happen?)

Also, it will make a bigger gap between "hardcore gamer" and "casual". not sure it is a good idea...
    And... much more to say about it... While i love passing time in pen&paper RPG optimizing my character changing one stat point there, one classe level here, etc. such kind of optimisation you speak about feels... really too much.
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks for the feedback