Ability power should come from gear, change my mind (corruption thread)

George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
A naked character, no mater how high should not be able to hurt players, mobs or npcs.
A naked character should take hug incoming dmg.

This conversation is not about passive abilities or character stats. It about pk.

In early L2 an assassin class could deal strong dmg, wielding a lv1 dagger.
This lead to assassins killing people naked and sometimes even burning corruption if they happened to be in an area with small hp-high dmg mobs, by killing them with 2 shots.

Comments

• Well, I think you should consider the levels at least somewhat. When a character increases from level 1 to level 50, the character has grown mentally and physically (more knowledge, bigger muscles, etc.) I think for sure a naked level 50, with no weapon or armor, should one-shot a geared level 1-5 character. I do agree tho that armor should play an important factor for the amount of damage a character does, like somewhere around 80%. The rest should come from the character's own stats including levels and talent choices.

Also if you are talking about pk, you always should consider the corruption cost in it. You'd gain massive corruption for this.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2021
    80% is good
    Lv50 1shooting lv1 is good.
    High pking low is not part of this discussion