Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Experience/Loot from PvP

Hello just heard you dont gain any experience for killing other players, this really saddens me as it was one of my favorite features from Warhammer Online. I loved the fact that you could in theory level up to max level and get loot from doing purely PvP if you wanted to. Is there a chance such a feature would be considered for AoC for a PvP lover like me?

Comments

• Options
    EvilteddyEvilteddy Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's still in the Alpha state so maybe? But the other side of the coin, you will gain/lose 50% of the loot. So instead of experience, you get $$$!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Member
    I guess loot is enought. If they make PK giving XP it's gonna be a nightmare and will make a lot of players leave the game pretty soon.

I don't want AoC to follow New World path and put a "Flag PvP" system because i love WPvP but if the WPvP/PK is to intense a lot of PvE players won't play the game and it won't be fun too.

They need to properly tune the corruption system to have a healthy game & WPvP.
  • Options
    Andy wrote: »
    I guess loot is enought. If they make PK giving XP it's gonna be a nightmare and will make a lot of players leave the game pretty soon.

I don't want AoC to follow New World path and put a "Flag PvP" system because i love WPvP but if the WPvP/PK is to intense a lot of PvE players won't play the game and it won't be fun too.

They need to properly tune the corruption system to have a healthy game & WPvP.

You bring a good point with how the current system is planned to work, which is a real bummer because as a PvPer I would really love to be able to do what I love and still progress my character without much PvE interactions if possible
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2021
    Mmos are not supposed to be fragmented into content for PvPrs or PvErs or crafters or gatherers. Why is it so hard for you to get this?
    If you were able to PvP 100% of the time, while others could become master crafters by staying indoors 100% of the time, while others did PvE without the possibility of being attacked 100% of the time, what's the point of having systems and progress tied to each other?

And if that is what you want to do, why aren't you people playing battlegrounds 24/7, or raiding 24/7, somewhere, right now?

It will never happen, so why bring this up again after 21 days?
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Mmos are not supposed to be fragmented into content for PvPrs or PvErs or crafters or gatherers. Why is it so hard for you to get this?
    If you were able to PvP 100% of the time, while others could become master crafters by staying indoors 100% of the time, while others did PvE without the possibility of being attacked 100% of the time, what's the point of having systems and progress tied to each other?

And if that is the case, why aren't you people playing battlegrounds 24/7, or raiding 24/7 somewhere, right now?

Indeed.

If you want a game where all you do is PvP, play an FPS game or similar.

What you don't do, if that is what you want, is play a game that is putting at least equal focus on things that are not PvP as it is on things that are PvP. If you just want PvP, you are never going to be happy in such a game - unless what you really want to do is ruin other peoples game experience.
  • Options
    Wakko2kWakko2k Member
    edited August 2021

Good thing i wore my sunglasses otherwise i'd be blinded by your positivity, I just checked back on the forums and replied to a post, my apologies

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Wakko2k wrote: »

Good thing i wore my sunglasses otherwise i'd be blinded by your positivity, I just checked back on the forums and replied to a post, my apologies

Good thing u did