Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Please allow us to turn off the wind effect when running

darkrangerdarkranger Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I really wish i could turn off the wind effect when running in game. thx you

Comments

• Options
    darkranger wrote: »
    I really wish i could turn off the wind effect when running in game. thx you

Saw some footage on a feed, today. I hadn't thought that was the normal effect; Thought it was related to a boost or spell or gear, or something.

Aye - it doesn't seem like that wind-drag effect would be needed, if it's the case that it's just the normal effect for running.

• Options
    AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Aye - it doesn't seem like that wind-drag effect would be needed, if it's the case that it's just the normal effect for running.

To be exact, it is not for "running" but "sprinting" (shift while running)

but yes... a friend watched me play and he really disliked also
  • Options
    Agreed. I feel it’s totally unnecessary. I still think they could tone down a lot of the particle effects in general.
  • Options
    ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah, it's from sprinting and it's super annoying. At least give us a toggle or something to check [off] if we don't want to use it.
    "Bravery only means something to those who are afraid of death."
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I call it The Star Trek Effect or Lightspeed for short.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    I also dislike the effect.
  • Options
    3Snap3Snap Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yea definitely is a horrible effect. We don't need one to know we're moving faster
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Again, it was helpful when we did not have infinite Sprint.
    And infinite Sprint was only added July 9.
    It's Alpha One. There's a couple new threads about this every week, so I'm sure the devs are aware of the complaint.
    We'll see if they change it for Alpha Two.
  • Options
    Bigdawg wrote: »
    Agreed. I feel it’s totally unnecessary. I still think they could tone down a lot of the particle effects in general.

The particle effects are still a placeholder for Alpha, @Bigdawg … it’s by all means not a finished product.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have to say that I like the effect. I just don't like it for sprinting. If there was a charge ability that magically propels you forward it would be pretty cool to look like this. For sprinting it's overly dramatic.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    VeyrahVeyrah Member
    Bigdawg wrote: »

The particle effects are still a placeholder for Alpha, @Bigdawg … it’s by all means not a finished product.

Which is why they need comments like the one you replied to, so they know in which direction to go.