After looking at Asmongold stream i am literally see how dream of the dev is real !

darkrangerdarkranger Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
This game really bring ideas together . to see those 40 players kill the dragon as a team. was amazing to watch. really amazing . i know its alpha 1 and still long time to go . But i think this is the MMO i been looking for. the social aspect of the game are amazing .

I am excited for future .

Comments

• Yeah, agreed. Looks promising so far and appear to be keeping to their vision. Gutted that I don't have test access now - but can't wait to jump in at a later date. Seems to be heading in the right direction.
  • AndyAndy Member
    A big part of this is possible because all of the content is outdoor and not instanced.
  • AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    also, it is... "all new all beautifull" even if this alpha1 gets lot flaws.

i fear it generates too much hype too soon...

I am happy asmongold had fun, his viewers liked those hours of stream, etc.
    but again "hype train stops far before expected"
  • Aerlana wrote: »
    I am happy asmongold had fun, his viewers liked those hours of stream, etc.

I don't think Asmongold had fun the entire time ... sometimes the group couldn't form itself up into a simple straight line. B)

But, congrats to Asmongold, the participants, and Ashes for pulling it off.

Having successes like this in Alpha-1 can only bode well for the game down the road.

I don't think Asmongold had fun the entire time ... sometimes the group couldn't form itself up into a simple straight line. B)

Didnt say "fun all time"
    And yes, it is the problem of streaming MMORPG. the comunity helps to do things (like having fast many people to fight a dragon) but the comunity is also a chaotic thing.
  • MerekMerek Member
    I hate all streamers and their little troupes and I'm especially concerned with how hard the developers are pushing for Asmon's cooperation. I know he's the largest MMO player on Twitch, but it feels very corporate.
  • SathragoSathrago Member
    edited July 2021
    Merek wrote: »
    I hate all streamers and their little troupes and I'm especially concerned with how hard the developers are pushing for Asmon's cooperation. I know he's the largest MMO player on Twitch, but it feels very corporate.

That's a sad way to live life, generalizing all streamers as if they all act and do the same things.

I encourage you to check out zack's zackrawr youtube channel where he sits down and explains his thoughts on various topics. The guys much more than the constantly cussing buffoon clipped from his main channel.
    8vf24h7y7lio.jpg
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • edited July 2021

Steven needed data for the game.
    Nearly 50+ players (Probably even more.) spent up to $500 just to raid around with Asmon and test the game and gave Steven the very data he needed so that individuals like yourself can currently or eventually have a stable game to play.

Corporate or not, this was needed.

• BlundBlund Member
    I loved the stream, at this i love the big world and just to see what i saw on asmons stream... loved it.
    Will love to see cargo transports in this world! =)

Damn wish i had a RTX 3080 so i can bump all graphics and enjoy that length distance...

Hatred goes nowhere
    i dislike asmongold, for different reason.
    But he is a good there there, not only as "marketing" but also, as said, there is a lot of people moving around him. this is what alpha 1 test is for : test how the server and clients does their work with lot people at the same spot doing same thing.

;)
  • RamirezRamirez Member
    edited July 2021
    darkranger wrote: »
    This game really bring ideas together . to see those 40 players kill the dragon as a team. was amazing to watch. really amazing . i know its alpha 1 and still long time to go . But i think this is the MMO i been looking for. the social aspect of the game are amazing .

I am excited for future .

Wait to see they being ganked during the raid, that will be the fun part, i don´t know how will be because he don´t like to much pvp
  • darkrangerdarkranger Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I enjoy the game so far . on 3080 looks amazing :) if anyone want to join me i am in US East servers
  • Yeah the game looks really promising, especially considering the testing phase it is in! I have been a tester in another hyped up MMO for a long time now, and it's a really fun game and it's much further in development than AoC. But from the basic gameplay we got to see today... AoC Alpha 1 test already looks much more like what I am interested in when playing an MMO. This game has serious potential.
  • MerekMerek Member
    Sathrago wrote: »

That's a sad way to live life, generalizing all streamers as if they all act and do the same things.

I encourage you to check out zack's zackrawr youtube channel where he sits down and explains his thoughts on various topics. The guys much more than the constantly cussing buffoon clipped from his main channel.

I don't really care about who he is outside of gaming, that's the only part of his personality that can affect this game. And, it isn't specifically Asmongold that I'm even against, streamers in general attract some of the most ass-blasted people on the planet. Have you seen what streamer fanboys are like? Jesus...
  • DreohDreoh Member
    Sathrago wrote: »

I don't really care about who he is outside of gaming, that's the only part of his personality that can affect this game. And, it isn't specifically Asmongold that I'm even against, streamers in general attract some of the most ass-blasted people on the planet. Have you seen what streamer fanboys are like? Jesus...

So you don't hate streamers... you hate fanboys...
  • ThexBlackxKnightThexBlackxKnight Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2021

Marketing is still needed for the game , streamers generate a lot interest which means more money for the Devs to get the game out faster to you., Steven is making clever use of the streamers.

• I'm not sure if I'd call that "working together" haha rather just doggy piling on the poor dragon haha. Although I mean, it's low lvl content so I'm not upset we don't have complex mechanics... every mmo has trivial mechanics early on.
  • AndyAndy Member
    neuroguy wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'd call that "working together" haha rather just doggy piling on the poor dragon haha. Although I mean, it's low lvl content so I'm not upset we don't have complex mechanics... every mmo has trivial mechanics early on.

Balance isn't in place yet. Level 3 shouldn't being able to zerg 10/13 elites nor even touch them or getting 1 shot. I guess it's something they'll "fix"
  • Andy wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'd call that "working together" haha rather just doggy piling on the poor dragon haha. Although I mean, it's low lvl content so I'm not upset we don't have complex mechanics... every mmo has trivial mechanics early on.

Balance isn't in place yet. Level 3 shouldn't being able to zerg 10/13 elites nor even touch them or getting 1 shot. I guess it's something they'll "fix"

I'm not sure about that. This isn't a balance problem, the encounter may be intended for 5 lvl 13 players which can be substituted by 50 lvl 3 players I guess or something like that. Steven has repeatedly said he hates when low lvl players are prevented from taking on higher lvl content via mechanics that cause you to 'miss', 'evade', do less damage because of lvl difference etc. So I'm not really sure why you assume this is a balancing problem or why you think 50 lvl3s shouldn't be able to zerg down a lvl 10/13 elite.
  • DreohDreoh Member
    Andy wrote: »

I'm not sure about that. This isn't a balance problem, the encounter may be intended for 5 lvl 13 players which can be substituted by 50 lvl 3 players I guess or something like that. Steven has repeatedly said he hates when low lvl players are prevented from taking on higher lvl content via mechanics that cause you to 'miss', 'evade', do less damage because of lvl difference etc. So I'm not really sure why you assume this is a balancing problem or why you think 50 lvl3s shouldn't be able to zerg down a lvl 10/13 elite.

40 man lvl 1 gnome hogger raids were always the best