Pvp can't jump while using abilities?

From what I have seen/heard from streamers you can't use combat abilities while jumping. Tab targeting allows easy pvp entry for newer players. I believe that jumping along with moving while using abilities allows for more outplays increasing the skill ceiling of pvp. It also allows the movement to feel less clunky.

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I think you are over-assuming the level of action combat in this game.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I tries using abilities while jumping and could not.
    It's Alpha One. We'll have to see if that changes. For now, it's fine.
    Tab targeting during Siege still feels wonky - doesn't seem to work as well as it should.
  • Noaani wrote: »

the combat mostly mirrors archeage and the movement in archeage (including jumping while using skills) leaves plenty of room to outplay and is one of the few reasons people continue to play the game despite the p2w gap
  • kevinoozlingkevinoozling Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I hope you can do dmg while strafing and jumping when the game actually launches. Atm you can’t use any abilities or auto while moving. It’ll be a game breaker for most. I think they’ll change it.
  • edited July 2021
    As an ESO player i love being able to attack while running or jumping. Hopefully this will be changed. Games where you just stand still while casting/hitting, i typically just uninstall right away.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Wildshots wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »

the combat mostly mirrors archeage and the movement in archeage (including jumping while using skills) leaves plenty of room to outplay and is one of the few reasons people continue to play the game despite the p2w gap

Jumping around in Archrage is only effective against a few melee builds, it is not all that great against most.

Also, Archage has a good number of abilities that you need to be still to cast, just as Ashes does.

So yeah, it does mirror Archeage in some ways. You seem to think that Archeages combat is good (I think it is ok), so I am unsure why you are complaining about a thing in Ashes that is similar to a thing in Archrage.
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    In Russia, the bunnies hop you.
  • Noaani wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »

Jumping around in Archrage is only effective against a few melee builds, it is not all that great against most.

Also, Archage has a good number of abilities that you need to be still to cast, just as Ashes does.

So yeah, it does mirror Archeage in some ways. You seem to think that Archeages combat is good (I think it is ok), so I am unsure why you are complaining about a thing in Ashes that is similar to a thing in Archrage.[/quot I think you are confused I like that the game mirrors archeage pvp which is why I would like to see the ability to jump while using non casting skills which you currently cant do..... also not complaining about an alpha I'm just stating what I think would elevate the game.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    From what I have seen/heard from streamers you can't use combat abilities while jumping. Tab targeting allows easy pvp entry for newer players. I believe that jumping along with moving while using abilities allows for more outplays increasing the skill ceiling of pvp. It also allows the movement to feel less clunky.

Outplays?
    You think that anybody gets outplayed by this? Everybody can do it. Everybody.

It looks ugly. Dont need it.
  • GrihmGrihm Member
    As long as all excessive jumping cost stamina, jump away.
  • DudebruhDudebruh Member
    edited July 2021
    I always giggle when people circle strife and bunny hop in tab targeting games. Missing is controlled by RNG, not the player's aim.

Now I can watch them on stream grunting like they are deadlifting a car or something. lol

I'm just like, back up out of their circle strife, press 1,2,3, kill them and go back to playing without the grunting and breaking a sweat. :wink:
  • ZeroGravitySEZeroGravitySE Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    bunny hopping has no place in mmorpg pvp. /2cents
  • Jumping and attacking at the same time is ridiculous and it looks ridiculous. Since the game will try to reach a 500vs500 stage, imagine groups of 50 vs 50 players all just jumping and casting. That's just weird and it shouldn't have any room in AoC in MY opinion.
  • Jxshuwu wrote: »
    Jumping and attacking at the same time is ridiculous and it looks ridiculous. Since the game will try to reach a 500vs500 stage, imagine groups of 50 vs 50 players all just jumping and casting. That's just weird and it shouldn't have any room in AoC in MY opinion.

This already exists in other mmos and they dont just 50v50 jump at eachother lmao
  • HillefuegoHillefuego Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think you should be able to jump/spam jump anytime including mounted. It adds to the feeling of freedom for me. Responsiveness and freedom trump realism imo.
  • Wildshots wrote: »
    Jxshuwu wrote: »
    Jumping and attacking at the same time is ridiculous and it looks ridiculous. Since the game will try to reach a 500vs500 stage, imagine groups of 50 vs 50 players all just jumping and casting. That's just weird and it shouldn't have any room in AoC in MY opinion.

This already exists in other mmos and they dont just 50v50 jump at eachother lmao

I'm aware it exists, and it looks dumb.
  • GrihmGrihm Member
    kgomodeyb wrote: »
    I hope you can do dmg while strafing and jumping when the game actually launches. Atm you can’t use any abilities or auto while moving. It’ll be a game breaker for most. I think they’ll change it.

May i ask how this is a game breaker...for most?
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    kgomodeyb wrote: »

I can move around just find while doing the basic attack with a wand. I'm hoping that this sort of gameplay is migrated to the other weapons, and at least some of the skill attacks. It's a huge reason why I like Mages so much more than the other archetypes in Alpha.

Hhak63P.png