Character/Alts interracting with Systems :Q

DavyDronesDavyDrones Member
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
Hi there,
I am new to the game and just started familiarizing with it.I don't have alpha access but from what i see at youtube i like the way it is progressing.I have the following question.

How exactly the characters will interact with party/raid/guild/friend's list?Are the characters account bound or not?I will explaying with 2 examples GW2 vs WoW.Both games use totaly different ways for their systems.

1. In WoW when you create a new charater it becomes its own thing.When you invite people to a guild,party,raid or friend's list you have to invite each character separately.When the player is switching to a different character you kick the ofline one and invite the new one to the party.If you want to invite an alt to the guild or friend's list you have to invite each and every one of them.

2.In GW2 all characters are bound to the account so basically when you invite someone to the guild,party,raid or friend's list the whole account is being invited and all the characters join with the invitation.Once you are in a party/guild/friend's list and you switch to another character it is directly placed in the group/guild/friend's list without the need of the group/guild leader or player to do anything.

Comments

• AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It works like option 1.

We were told that alts will have the ability to be spies in guilds, so the system can't allow any way to easily connect one character on a player's account, to the other.

There have been other things Intrepid said that support this, so #1 is what's expected
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Azherae wrote: »
    It works like option 1.

We were told that alts will have the ability to be spies in guilds, so the system can't allow any way to easily connect one character on a player's account, to the other.

There have been other things Intrepid said that support this, so #1 is what's expected

I'm said it is not account bound but if as you say there are systems build arround it not being account bound i'm totaly on board.Being a spy soun sounds awesome.
  • AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Not really "system"

but, if you do a reroll to postulate with it in an ennemy guild, and try to get your way in, you will have informations from their discord you can transmit to your "real" guildmates.
  • FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Azherae wrote: »
    It works like option 1.

I don't believe that we have been specifically told that we can use alts on our primary account to spy. Spies will be allowed, but we may need a second account.

We do know from citizenship that characters on one account on the same server are connected together.
    "A player can only claim citizenship to one node at a time.[5]
    Only one citizenship may be declared per account, per server.[6][7][8]"
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Citizenship

In response to the OP, I have seen the topic come up in a couple threads over time and the conclusion was we don't know how such systems will work. There has been a lot of discussion over interpreting the spies issue but it is still inconclusive.
  • Azherae wrote: »
    It works like option 1.

If that's the case, then those people that like to ignore other players, but announce to everyone in General Chat that they put someone on ignore, are going to want to ignore that players entire account.

I would expect complaints from them.
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Word of Steven on the matter, from 2017.

Not saying that I know how the situation you mention would be handled, relative to ignores, nor am I saying that this is still the plan, just giving source.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.