Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha - Mining, woodcutting and fishing

BigdawgBigdawg Member
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
I really hope the current state of gathering in alpha is just a place holder for a more dynamic system. As of now gathering is just single tap resources peppered across the landscape. That’s the typical mmo way. We can do better than that by incorporating a more realistic approach.

I want to see long trenches cut into the landscape lined with ores erupting from the ground or large mining pockets deep inside a cave.

It seems you only come across one harvestable tree for every ten or twenty you pass. Nearly all trees should be harvestable with different types belonging in different regions. The majority being low quality. Rare trees less abundant and harder to reach.

As for fishing I know it’s nowhere near finished yet, but it should require more patience or skill like it does in real life. Certain baits and lures should target certain fish. Don’t make it brainless like every other mmo please this is my favorite one.

It would be great if there was a simple mini game implemented for some of the harvesting. Better speed and accuracy in the mini game would reward more efficient gathering. Also the glowing sparkles on resources is unnecessary. That’s the hand holding we need to stay away from. Make the players inspect and recognize what they’re hunting for.

Overall the game is coming together very nicely. The landscape was the most impressive to me. Absolutely beautiful considering we are in alpha stage.

Comments

• Options
    Alpha 2 will flesh out the Artisan (crafting systems) alot more, and even then Beta will improve it further. Yes, it will definitely improve as we develop but all feedback is good.

FYI, check the Wiki, it even mentions minigames for fishing (not in all elements) so you might have some of that to look forward to.
  • Options
    AidanKD wrote: »
    Alpha 2 will flesh out the Artisan (crafting systems) alot more, and even then Beta will improve it further. Yes, it will definitely improve as we develop but all feedback is good.

FYI, check the Wiki, it even mentions minigames for fishing (not in all elements) so you might have some of that to look forward to.

Good I hope so. I just want to offer as much constructive criticism as I can. And for the fishing that’s awesome. I’ll check that out. I’m hoping to be a fish monger in game that runs a food stall.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yeah, Harvesting is barebones in Alpha One. Mostly, "placeholder" to get the very basic systems implemented.
  • Options
    New World fishing mechanic itself is good it reminds me like in Albion online, it has feeling i can feel if i holding fish or subject like boots, trees, ancors or something else. If ashes of creation goes something like that it will be awesome! just we need to be more polished mechanic like that!