Ashes of Creation Arena PvP

Does anyone know if this game will have PvP? I don't mean duels or battlegrounds I mainly mean arenas.
Good mmorpg PvP is NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to find. As in WoW is the only one with Arena combat. And 99% of the arena players hate the fact that no one balances the PvP at all. So it wouldn't be difficult to draw in a large player base with a bit of arena combat.

Comments

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ashes will have arenas in Military Nodes.
    Just keep in mind that Ashes is balanced as for Trinity rock/paper/scissors 8-person groups rather than for 1v1 combat.
  • KynviKynvi Member
    @Dygz
    Dygz wrote: »
    Just keep in mind that Ashes is balanced as for Trinity rock/paper/scissors 8-person groups rather than for 1v1 combat.

I love that but a lot of people would mainly love 2v2/3v3 is going to be provided in the Military Nodes?
    And is there a competitive ladder for people like me who love to do their best to be top of the leaderboard?
    A lot of pvp gurus mainly like that leaderboard "hey bro that's me" I'm super excited to play i'm just curious on some of the content and looking to get a little more insight on it.
  • AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Arena will be 1v1, 3v3, 5v5 and maybe 20v20
    there will be a ladder system

All information we have about arenas are here :
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Arenas
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Kynvi wrote: »
    Dygz
    Dygz wrote: »

I love that but a lot of people would mainly love 2v2/3v3 is going to be provided in the Military Nodes?
    And is there a competitive ladder for people like me who love to do their best to be top of the leaderboard?
    A lot of pvp gurus mainly like that leaderboard "hey bro that's me" I'm super excited to play i'm just curious on some of the content and looking to get a little more insight on it.

Keep in mind, the focus of the game (and this focus of PvP) is the open world.

The game will have arenas, but they are more of a sideshow in Ashes than they are in other games with them.
  • qkrqkr Member
    he's not wrong that there are a lot of fed up arena players from WoW looking for something new. glad to see a lot of ideas already existing on that wiki page
  • AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2021
    qkr wrote: »
    he's not wrong that there are a lot of fed up arena players from WoW looking for something new. glad to see a lot of ideas already existing on that wiki page

and... i fear them...
    Arena was a disaster for wow, while it allows to do esport, visibility, etc, it also called for more balance a "total balance" and not rock-scissor-paper...
    This kind of people will be quite activ in forums to ask for more "up this, nerf this" with mainly 1v1/3v3 setup in mind, and not 20/20 or even think around rock-scissor-paper.

(also wow was not the only with arena... GW2 got arena, Aion got arena even if deadgame, and classic will need time to have arena. BNS got arena, and far better than wow's and... it is what jump in my mind as a player that hate arena in MMORPG and only played arena in BNS where i loved gameplay, and GW2 to farm a legendary)