Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Stay The Course

tldr; We can't allow the mob to move here from other games with bad ideas and implement their "suggestions" to keep them happy just because they have the numbers.

How do I word this without seemly having a negative tone? The community is supportive, nice, and excited by a great majority. It's nice that the Alpha has gotten attention from other game communities.

However, it seems from the comments in certain streams, all they want is for everything to be changed to be more like [The game I shall not name]. In fact, another clone of said game.

Every time someone announces that they are from [The game I shall not name] and "why isn't this like how [The game I shall not name] does it, I die a little bit inside. I understand their shock, that game is most likely their first and only game they ever played longer than 2 weeks.

It also kills me that some of them don't even bother to read. They didn't read the Disclaimer once they spawned in, which explains EXACTLY what this Alpha's purpose was. Then, turn around and bash everything that was addressed in the disclaimer they never read.

One streamer was so pissed that he couldn't gank players. PvP was disabled, but oh no. He's telling the stream the game is broken and crap. Then, he couldn't complete a quest objective. I think I watched him kill every mushroom in the swamp, except the 5 he was suppose to. It even says which ones in his quest which he also didn't bother to read. Blames the "broken game, scam, piece of shit". He was pretty mad about not being able to gank players. He even had a headband on and everything. He was not there to test anything. He was there to impress his followers by griefing others.

Personally, I don't want thousands of people running around in-game yelling, Easy Clap, Clap, POG, POGGers, Andy, and Let's GOOOOO. But, somebody in that mob might be a reasonable person to play with.

To the staff, please keep the game unique. Those people never stay long-term and always go back to their game, leaving the rest of us with a half-assed clone and empty servers like many games before. I know they are big numbers, but it's not worth it for those of us that are here for the long-term.

And to the community, I hope you all stay supportive and welcoming, but don't let these types do this. Speak up when they make their "suggestions". I usually disregard anything someone says once they say they play [The game I shall not mention] but this time, I'm going to push back or at least speak up to let the staff know that there are others here too that don't want to play another failed clone.

Anyways, I hope the servers burst at the seems due to population when this thing launches. Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    250 to play alpha 2, 500 to play Alpha 1. but alpha one is also 430$ spread as subscription, ingame cash shop money, and cosmetics that changes each month.

One reason to have so high prices is not only "backer had to pay this". But also because if you invest 500$ in anything, you are more willingfull to help what you invest in to be good. in the case of a game with alpha, doing a real alpha tester work.

But wont be for all, if it exists whale, same whale can totally pay 500$ and just "play".

Steven said "the game won't appeal everyone" With this statement he shows he clearly is in the mind "we do a game this way, a way most player of MMORPG will dislike, and we are fine with having only a part of the potential customers".

The streamers you speak about, let him spit. Let him rage. It is the kind of player i only tolerate on the game i play because "he gives money to devs" Because he is totally toxic. If this test makes him hate the game untill the point we won't see him, not a real loss.
    and his followers ? those with no critic spirit will stays his side, other will be able to Understand what the game want to be, and able to see improvements added with A2, B1, B2 and finally release.

I think the devs knows all these perfectly, they have to respect their backer, and also later supporters (with website packs) and keep their promises.

And the comunity ? people who paid such amounts and take time to speak here knows what the game want to be. totally different to FFXIV, BDO, WoW, ESO, GW2 or even New World. We didnt give money to have any of these games, but what was promised. don't worry for this ;)
  • Options
    Aerlana wrote: »
    )
    I mostly agree. But, we have all seen this happen to games in development before many, many times. So I'm just staying alert.

I don't know if that guy with his 3K followers watching his stream paid $500 or is in that Content Creator Program or not.

No offense to this studio, they seem awesome in their videos and seeing the head Dev among everyone in-game was really cool to see and old school vibe (like how Devs use to be back in the day). But, I don't know that guy. I don't know what kind of impact 10s of thousands of people concurrently watching a technical alpha test on a weekend does to someone in his position. To be clear, I'm not casting doubt. Just being supportive to stay the course. He likes playing his own game, which is rare to see from a Dev these days, so that's a good sign.

You made good points, thanks for your thoughts.

• Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think there are too many streamers just being idiot fanboys of studios like Blizzard and Ubisoft and other pretty trash studios/publishers. They get angry because there is a game that could possibly be way better and are just salty af.
    Or the streamer is an IQ of a stick, take your pick.

Honestly, watching Asmongold play the alpha and also get trolled by Steven 2x! was fun. Reminds me a bit of what Blizzard of old was like, how they loved to interact with their players; seeing Steven interacting with us and all, is great to see.
    As for alpha? I like what I see, tbh it looks better than what I expected of an alpha even if barebones atm. Looking forward to testing Dual Wield and the Tulnar. Hopefully my 3070 laptop will handle the game like a boss
  • Options
    DudebruhDudebruh Member
    edited July 2021
    Conrad wrote: »
    I think there are too many streamers just being idiot fanboys of studios like Blizzard and Ubisoft and other pretty trash studios/publishers. They get angry because there is a game that could possibly be way better and are just salty af.
    Or the streamer is an IQ of a stick, take your pick.

Honestly, watching Asmongold play the alpha and also get trolled by Steven 2x! was fun. Reminds me a bit of what Blizzard of old was like, how they loved to interact with their players; seeing Steven interacting with us and all, is great to see.
    As for alpha? I like what I see, tbh it looks better than what I expected of an alpha even if barebones atm. Looking forward to testing Dual Wield and the Tulnar. Hopefully my 3070 laptop will handle the game like a boss

Yeah, I don't know why they would think that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this game isn't trying to compete with WOW. It doesn't feel like WOW at all or pretends to be. Also, isn't that community looking for a new game because they are tired of WOW? Like, HELLO???

It's not just streamers/their mob, I'm starting to see threads with people asking to make "X" more like WOW on the forums. My first thought is, "God, I hope not". But, I don't think that's going to be good enough these days. I think a resounding NO should be the reply each time.

I thought Asmongold's stream was pretty tame compared to others I saw. At least he reads and he explained what was expected in this alpha. Others didn't read (I'm paraphrasing) "Some features are missing or have been disabled in order to gather certain data", when they spawned in, no. They were level 4 standing in a swamp complaining about missing and disabled content/mechanics/etc and that the game must be a scam or broken.

It was literally the first huge popup when you first spawned in after creating a character. lolwtf??!!