few questions/issues from this weekends test..

Ebro EpaitoEbro Epaito Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
No character "banks" until the node develops and its an option to build correct ?

Was anyone able to craft a wand ? I had all the materials but it was never an option at the Blacksmith's shop for me.

We need a "put away weapon" option and the 2-3 second delay from combat to gathering resources seems a bit long IMO.

Also in my skill tree the "passive" line I had 3 skill points used . I had 1 in +5 attack..1 in mana regen and 1 in health regen but it was saying I was using 6 ?

The first few low level quest were bugged. SGT Landry always stayed "available" regardless how many times I talked to him.

And who is the NPC dressed in black that will appear at times on the road and "Blink" out when you get close ???

Also sometimes when I would approach a gathering resource item clicking "E" would work with 1 click and at other times I had to hold the "E" key down...holding the E key down sucks..IMO

Will mobs always spawn inside the walled towns ? Do the guards work or are they there just for looks ?

Side note: Only had 1 "bad" encounter with another player..."they" were gathering mods and trailing them into a town to attack people that were talking with NPC's or crafting or whatnot....disappointing to see that type of behavior this early on...I would have thought a $500 minimum to play this would have weeded out that type of player....guess not. Or better yet have the guards 1 shot the mobs with a no loot drop...just a thought.. ehhhh

Comments

• AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. That's correct.
    2. That's a known issue.
    3. The combat to gathering delay might be a slight balance thing.
    4. Passives cost 2 points each even if you only click the + sign once.
    5. No information on this from me.
    6. The 'E' click will work consistently if tapped quite fast and then released, anything longer and you have to hold it.
    7. No information on this from me.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Ebro EpaitoEbro Epaito Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Azherae thank you !
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    All quest givers remain "available" even after you complete their quests. AFAIK.

The black clothed Apparition who disappears is part of the quest named Apparition. The quest instructs you to follow him. I haven't actually tried to follow him past the first two appearances, but have run into him a few other places besides the road near Scholar Rhea on the way to Captain Culham.

Since Friday's build, I only had to tap the E once and never had to hold it down when looting mobs.
    Holding E sucks - which is probably why they tweaked it for the Weekend test.

Some mobs spawn within Node walls, yes. The Guards are just standing around for show.
    It's Alpha One.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Regarding the crafting of the wand, yes. I was able to complete the quest. The wand is nice enough, gives a 5% boost to all your magic attacks.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I crafted the wand but then again I read the directions and found it quite easy.

I followed the Apparition and completed the first part of the quest line. 2nd part says wait for something to happen. Ran out of time to play before it happened. Think I briefly saw a post on the discord channel saying 2nd part was bugged but not super sure.

Being stuck in combat happened to me a lot as well. Just had to wait a second or two. Not a big deal as everything is probably already wiped anyway and I was not in a rush.

Character banks will probably be alpha 2 when they get secondary systems in.

Player behavior will always be interesting. If people are kiting mobs into the town and letting them go sounds like good game play to me but I didn't think of it. Be glad you didn't run into the PvP crowd yet.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.