Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

My Desires for Cleric

AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
In preparation for the next Archetype Desires Compilation, I'm putting mine separately. Some of these may make it into whatever it turns out to be if they don't conflict with other wishes, but I don't intend to stay completely unbiased when I make the Cleric one because, well... I'm a Cleric and my opinion matters too. (whenever I make that thread, therefore, watch for when I show a bias against something someone else wants).

Part of what I want for Cleric requires the 'Hand' system with the rings from the Summoner Compilation.

Given how skill points and specs work, and my perception of the 'true power' of Cleric being protections and cleanses (whereas any /Cleric can heal a little), I want the following additional Cleric skills:

A Vigori - mentioned repeatedly in other places, this is yet another heal, but specifically when it overheals, it puts a Shield of that much HP on the player as a buff. Other than that, just one more heal for the pile.
Blessing Hand - This is a defensive buff (or even buff + cleanse) against a status or element or both that checks what Ring the Cleric has on their right hand ring slot and applies the correct status or element defense to the target. So Ring of Storms applies a Lightning Ward to the target player. The reason I want this instead of a specific 'Lightning Ward' skill is because skills take points, and while I don't hate the idea of a Cleric having to specialize a bit in what they defend against, even unlocking just four of these is eating up at least four skill points, and making my hotbar full. When the Ring isn't one of the type that does this, if it just raises stats or something, it can just remove Poison by default.
Sinister Hand - This is an offensive 'attack' against an enemy based on what Ring the Cleric has on their left hand slot. Same idea, but much more tilted toward dispelling effects or DoT. This helps because in quick combat, it wouldn't be fair for the Cleric to be able to just dispel anything, but you could be sure that you have some defense against the opponent getting any particularly good one. A small counter. Default would be a basic 'death' DoT, which I'd expect to be more common.

That's it. I think it was said that we will eventually have a second hotbar, and my main one is full even now, without Judgement or Resurrection even unlocked. I want the game as a whole to contain a Sleep (small ground target skillshot, higher levels leave the effect on the ground as a trap), a blinding flash effect (don't care about targeting), and a 'Binding Rings of Light' (only prevents movement, another small ground target skillshot) which I'll absolutely take on Cleric if that's where they are willing to put them, but if these need to be put on other classes or achieved differently, I won't shed many tears.

I feel that just those three allow me to have a reason to seek certain gear, to adapt to areas and situations, to maintain the essence of Cleric that I think of as the one that makes it different from other supports, and allows some easier balance of Augments.
Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

Comments