Anyone else Not Feeling the Naruto Sprint Animation?

FrissFriss Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
It's really the only thing I could find to complain about so far after playing.
Just to be clear I'm talking about the anime-style white lines when you run, maybe a SLIGHT blur instead might not ruin the immersion as much of the visuals. Looks like that green screen thing you can use off youtube lol

Idk maybe I'm the only one? Open to hearing some opinions....and especially how you'd fix it!

Comments

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lots of people.
    Hopefully all these threads will be merged.
    The white lines appear when sprinting; not when jogging.
    More useful and immersive before the July 9-12 test when sprinting was not infinite.
  • I think it's an ugly distraction. There I said it.

If I was to be a Karen about it, I would suggest a faint plume of dust rolling out from our heel. I don't mean some ugly brown fart cloud following us, just subtle.
  • MarcetMarcet Member
    I think more subtle, smaller lines would be fine, you'll notice them enough imo.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have hated it from the first time I used the sprint.
    I was hoping it would just be something that can be disabled.
    The same way, I disable pointless things like motion blur and bloom in every game I play.

I don't need an additional indicator that my character is moving faster. If my character is traversing the environment at a more rapid pace, that is all I need.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Looks bad. It's not needed
  • ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    Naruto sprint animation? I hadn't noticed, unless you mean the effect on the edges of your screen, in which case, yea, that's gotta go.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

That's the effect, yes.
  • OrymOrym Member
    Imo remove lines obviously + make "Sprint" an ability instead with a cooldown. Idk exactly how it works but seems like pulls and snares are not going to be very effective since you can dodge roll and sprint away so often
    LMAO
    I can assure you, pulls work very well in Ashes.
    Some abilities are tab target and some are AOE.
    Currently, Sprint deactivates when attacked and you can't activate while in combat.
  • MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm sure the option to remove it will be added down the line, I put it in the same vein as motion blur, some people never notice it others get insanely sick b/c of it
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • There's been an overload of people having complaints about specifically that on all media platforms from what i've seen.

I'm almost certain that they've received that message, i fully believe they'll make it an option to toggle on and off AND will probably reduce the effect to some extent even if its a toggle because it simply looks bad.
  • TriggerTecTriggerTec Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Jxshuwu wrote: »
    There's been an overload of people having complaints about specifically that on all media platforms from what i've seen.

I'm almost certain that they've received that message, i fully believe they'll make it an option to toggle on and off AND will probably reduce the effect to some extent even if its a toggle because it simply looks bad.

Thank god, because the longer I play the more it seems to bother me lmao

♥ In The Name Of Venus, I'll Punish You! ♥

source.gif

https://instagram.com/theblazedace/
  • Overall, effects need to be toned down. Don’t think you need any effect to show you are running faster. And when they turn on some form of stamina, my vote is for an audible heavy breathing sound rather than a stamina bar. I also think the player should be allowed to push it at the expense of a debuff. Perhaps have a heart beat sound when you are in that range of pushing it too far.

Pathfinder had Fatigue and Exhausted. Fatigue recovered over time, whereas Exhaustion required rest (believe it was 8 hours, but for AoC it just needs to be a meaningful period of time). Pushing it while you were Fatigued resulted in Exhaustion. So rather than have a set time limit to sprint, allow the player the choice to push it (risk vs reward) during situations that require it.

Visual indicators should be created for those who are hard of hearing. Or better yet, make it an option to select the audible versus visual clues. So if you want your anime AoC you can keep your anime AoC.
  • BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited July 2021
    I don't like how it looks, but that's not my biggest issue. I don't like default sprint available to every class at all.

I hope they get feedback on this and consider removing the sprint for a couple of iterations and see what's the feedback like. If the game has things designed around the sprint feature, then I'm doomed.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
    I think they won't remove sprint during Alpha One.
    First, they will want to get mount acquisition working according to design.
  • DecidendiDecidendi Member
    edited July 2021
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of it at all tbh. And I also agree that not every race/class should be able to sprint. It doesn't make sense for Dwarfs to be as fast as elves for example, but that's just my subjective take.