Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

yep i have another dumb weapon idea and its not even unique

this idea basically is just me askin for a wepaon type from dark souls to be added since i think there would be not just a cool gameplay way to do it but a fun lore idea as well. essentially i think magic/ enchanted chimes or bells should become a weapon type and the way they would work in game is that upon the ring of the bell whatever element or magic type the bell is will blast outta it in a ball of whatever magic type it is that will be very good at tracking targets at longer distances if given time to pick up speed but in close range will suffer due to the fact their speed has to ramp up first before they track targets well. it would be a one handed weapon you;d likely see with other onehaned melee weapons with the bell or chime serving as a long distance pestering tool to either give you openings to get close or force your opponent to close into melee range with it wont do too much dmg but with the properties i suggested it would make it so the fast range characters have something more to make fighting someone who cant close in fast enough harder.

as for how this would work in lore-wise its a matter of you could say the bells are enchanted in such a way that they act as magical conduits and pull in magic of whatever their element is with once they are rung almost like a tree covered in pollen they release the magic they have stored up which because of the enchantmetns on the bell after that much magic is released the caster can control it. i think another gameplay feature could also be added with this in mind where they have their own charge and dont pull on your actuall mp to cast but subsequently they have a built in limit that only enchanters can increase and on top of that you could make it so holding the attack button makes you ring more times before casting letting out far more or if you ring it enough, ALL the magic within the bell with perhaps in boss fights someting that could be done is that npc enemies actually begin to have higher and higher aggro on whoever is rining the bell based on how many rings it lets off with like 1-10 isnt even enough to scratch the aggro a tank should be pulling and than 11-20 is where you should really start to cool it before you take aggro and than 21 and beyond makes it so the tanks cant save you from being targeted.

i think it would open up a lot of risk reward playstyles and really be fun not just in pvp but also awesome in pve to shake things and plans up especially since from what i have seen/ heard their is no class restrictions on weapons meaning in pve it could become a awesome tank tool as well as a great dmg dealer for tanks who can go that 21 and beyond and tank some damage. and the lore fun that could be had with em is just awesome! all in all its up to everyone else to decide as i just wanted to put it out there as a idea more than anything else really with if this doesnt end up in the game than thats fine by me even if i think it would be cooler if it was in there!

Comments

• Options
    So, to attack an enemy, i'd ring a bell at them...?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sounds cool - especially for a Bard.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ah yes, the legendary Like Subscribe and Hit That. A powerful weapon indeed.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    It's not my piece of cake, i'd prefer classes like bard to have snare instruments. It's possible the bard already has other instruments but im just not aware of it. To me it just seems a bit uh.. boring? But hey man, maybe the dev team likes the idea! I'm vouching for you.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I gotta tell you: Fellas... you have got what appears to be a dynamite game! I'll be honest... Fellas, it was great. But... I could've used a little more cowbell.

I'm telling you, fellas -- you're gonna want that cowbell in the game!

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    im down for a magical bell type weapon that works like a short range shotgun of sonic energy. would make for an amazing 1h weapon for tanks that want to focus on aoe tanking.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    VoidwalkersVoidwalkers Member
    edited July 2021
    So ...... a magical version of this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device

I guess it can work as a unique / legendary bard weapon ...

Long Range Acoustic Cowbell
    Legendary
    1H Musical Instrument

Effect: On each weapon-swing, unleash a deafening chime that stuns all humanoids (hostile & friendly, including the user) not wearing proper hearing protection gear within X metres.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Let's go!
    lmzHvBt.png

TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    PhennnPhennn Member
    Sathrago wrote: »
    im down for a magical bell type weapon that works like a short range shotgun of sonic energy. would make for an amazing 1h weapon for tanks that want to focus on aoe tanking.

that sounds like another awesome way to do it and damn! i didnt expect this many people seein this and actually even somewhat likeing it but yea i feel like it would be awesome if they nail the ring right so all the enemy hears is a bell ring and than they get blasted by magic!