Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Concern about classes with no self heal

2»

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    McShave wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the concern here is, to be honest.

It was more a discussion on how to avoid boring gameplay (eating between mobs). But I think we came to a conclusion with out of combat health regen. Thanks for stopping by tho.
    Then why isnt the threat titled "Preventing Boring gameplay"?

I mean, mana based classes (especially squishy ones) have to spend time waiting for mana to regen while out soloing. Why focus it only on the needs of classes that actually take hits and need heals?
  • Options
    I would imagine the regen times are something they will still need to fine tune later on.

The passive skills, like health regen would be necessary for a non-self healing character if they want to play solo.

The balance is not in 1v1 but in how a character is in a group versus solo. The baseline will be the 8 person group. The solo character, with all things being equal, will find life a bit harder. Plus, they are trying to incentivize grouping up, which includes grouping with strangers. That is they way of old school MMO RPGs that Steven is trying to revive.