First post just upgraded to alpha 1 pack!

RobknobRobknob Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Hello all! Lookin forward to testing over the next few weeks. Hope everyone has fun!

Comments

• AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Of course. Fun is mandatory, Citizen.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'll say that in the recent tests I've had enough fun that I'm legitimately looking forward to the next test, but not so fun that I'm going to neglect everything else to spend all of my time in the game. I think that's a healthy place to be. :)

Hhak63P.png
  • RobknobRobknob Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    i have all next week off so ill dive in a good bit.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Welcome to testing! :smile:

It can be fun for sure. I am having a good time so far at least. See if you can find a guild or group of people to hang out with, it makes it more fun IMO.

Maybe you already know this if you've done alpha-testing before, but alpha burnout is very real if you're not careful. It can kill the enjoyment of the game at release too.

The anti-dote to alpha burnout is partly the mindset of realizing and accepting the constant character wipes, and partly pacing yourself not to play too much. This kind of testing is a marathon, and if it starts to feel like a chore and you're not having fun, I suggest taking a break for a while. :smile: You are doing Intrepid a favor by being part of this, so don't start feeling obligated or anything, just because there is a test running.
  • wildarms2wildarms2 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    sigh wish i could a afford the 480Cad to upgrade the lifetime sub sounds so cheap compared to other games subs at moment