Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestion: Explorer's Diary

I'm curious what people think of this idea.

Just a simple UI that accesses your screenshots and has a note section for each picture. The screenshots would gather location data so you could hit a button and a pin on the world map would show the location that screenshot was taken.

I know we do all of this data sorting out of game already, but it's a bit annoying and immersion breaking.
This sort of tool would certainly make finding the right spot to settle down for your city in AoC a much more pleasant experience, as well as allow you to revisit your favorite vistas to see what's changed without having to had planned ahead and took extra screenshots with the map open.

Comments

• Options
    That sounds pretty awesome. I'd use it if it was in-game.

Would be interesting to have a general notes section too, separate to the pictures.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    GaluxGalux Member
    Hard to say if i would personally use that but it sounds neat regardless!
    8DGfGVF.png
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    I like this idea. Reminds me of Arthur’s journal in RDR2. For the immersion factor, might be cool to render the screenshot as a sketch (e.g. high contrast, sepia tone, etc).
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png