Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

My name

Menda GoodbodyMenda Goodbody Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
I don't need to see my name above my head. I know MY name. :) It would look a lot better if the name above my own character was not there.

Also, as a side note, you need a "screen shot" mode. I would like to zoom into first person for a screenshot or be able to make my character not on screen so I can get a clear shot of what I am looking at.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Alpha One
  • Options
    Menda GoodbodyMenda Goodbody Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Dygz wrote: »
    Alpha One

Your point?

I mean do you think they want no feedback?
  • Options
    I would remove nameplates in mobs to, just pop the nameplate if you target
  • Options
    Screen-shot mode is standard stuff - just not for Alpha.
    Steven says all the time that it's just a basic UI.
  • Options
    They are going to wait until the last minute on the real UI.
  • Options
    AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    They are going to wait until the last minute on the real UI.

Maybe... maybe not.

Here we are in alpha 1 : Tests are around the skeleton of the game : node base system, how server manage lot of people in siege, and kind of things.
    Even the 3 archetype we have are not really tested, they are here to allow us to play the game and so, do the tests.

Alpha 2 will add most game system : all archetype, and so the class system, boats, etc.

Beta the beta will be close to what the game is (but not yet the game itself). so during beta 1 or 2 we will have the final UI, the final map, quests, the balance between class will be done at those step also.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Well, Beta is basically last minute.
  • Options
    Especially the AoC version of Beta, the way they’ve talked about it.

Good game design allows for the user to adjust UI settings to degrees. Intrepid has a good team, so I would be very surprised if the customization of the UI, especially with something like name plates, was weak.

Perfectly fine to state player preferences now so that it increases the likelihood of Intrepid building it that way.

My personal opinion/desire is to have name plates only appear on targeted characters or objects. I also think line of sight should apply to make a character or object targetable. Terrain, like tall grass, should block line of sight.

And yes, there is an advantage of having all name plates visible, especially for a tank, in order to assess the threat more quickly. I just think fewer name plates make the game cleaner. Again, this is just a personal preference. Perhaps a toggle to switch on name plates when in group tanking is fine.
  • Options
    TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited July 2021
    I don't think I've come across a modern MMO yet wherein you couldn't change around Nameplate settings.

Even if it's not immediately an option, it's hard to image the game launching without this as an option.

• Options
    Arthus DawnbreakerArthus Dawnbreaker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I agree nameplates are an eye sore. A menu option to turn them on or off or a quick action button to turn that off and on quickly would be an easy fix.
    Screenshoting is a no brainier
    I also agree that it is alpha and these items or changes are not necessary or important in an alpha, but its a good point to bring up just incase the devs didn't think of this lol
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nameplates in general should have several display options - once the full UI is in place.

I would consider the UI to be incomplete without options for nameplates.