Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

I have a idea for either the dark cleric augment or just a type of magic in general

ok idk about the rest of y'all but i am a guy who LOVES magic sure but LOVES even more using anti magic to brutalize mages! as it stands i am playing Dark Souls 3 and using the vow of silence, deep protection, and even dead again for some fun evey now and than in invasions and the extra attunement and the greatsword of judgement and i can say it is so fun to play as a anti mage and rather than the stereo-typical dark augment = DEATH MAGIC it could be the light augment as we already know drains health but the dark augment drains magic and perhaps just like how we know the light augment offers self healing the dark augment could provide heavy magic resitance or maybe even nullification. basically you can regen magic any faster and have your own spells to outlast the opponents spell castings but if you cant kill them fast enough than your screwed you know?

Comments

• Cool
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I dunno.

Light augment: Self-heal, works every time anything hurts you.

Dark augment: Absorb magic, does absolutely nothing against non-magical attacks.

I'm picking the Light augment thanks.

Hhak63P.png
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2021
    I wish Ashes wasn't using concepts like Light being Good and Dark being Evil, but Steven appears to be going in that direction. I also wish Death magic was not being portrayed as inherently Twisted and Evil.
    But, that ship has already sailed long ago.

One of my favorite concepts from EQNext was the Unsummon ability. I was planning to try to max that as much as possible as a counter for Summoners.
    It would be fun to have that in Ashes.
  • PhennnPhennn Member
    Atama wrote: »
    I dunno.

Light augment: Self-heal, works every time anything hurts you.

Dark augment: Absorb magic, does absolutely nothing against non-magical attacks.

I'm picking the Light augment thanks.

well its a augment so it would simpley be possible to be like a tank that also makes magic casters lifes terrible and part of it could be that you can boost armor and attack in general by i guess you could say "cloaking yourself and weapons in anti magic" or something like that so that it aint entirely useless although if ever ability uses like a manabar to cast attacks than it could screw that over mostly so it would for the most part always be useful