Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

World Map, Biomes and transitional land

novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
So I understand only 1/6 of the map was shown, but I have a concern with how the "zones" / biomes appear.

IDK if its even possible to expand the map to create transitional areas, cause it appears to be a hard line of biomes.

I can take one step to my left and be in a swamp biome and take 1 step to the right and now I am instantly in the grassland biome. It would be nice to see a more clear transitional areas then an instant biome change. Some parts appears to have it, others did not. IDK how everyone felt about this, but it was more evident when seeing asmongold in the air looking at all the "biomes" and it looked awkward
{UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.

Comments

• Options
    The Alpha map is compacted to demonstrate several biomes in a smaller area.

The other element not in play are seasons. The seasons may help with the biome transitions you are mentioning.
  • Options
    SoggyBandaidSoggyBandaid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Another aspect in addition to those mentioned by @RocketFarmer is that, I believe, Steven mentioned node growth altering available dungeons, mobs, loot tables, etc. in later versions of the game. If so this might help smooth over the biome transitions as poi link up with respective nodes (just guessing).