Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

IzilIzil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
I just wanted to say i love the new wand and tome/book spell effects they look gorgeous and immersive. Would be nice if we get regular spell effects for casters with that style aswel (hotbar spell) ranging with diffrent colors (depending on type of magic).

What i really dislike is the fairy dust/golden particle effects off the weapons in melee
Izil.png

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I agree that melee weapons do not need any effects.
    They just need to look impactful
  • Options
    ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    The particle effects in general are a bit much. I've seen less flashing lights at a rave party.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Options
    GaluxGalux Member
    I kinda like the melee particle effect when you swing but perhaps it's a bit much at the moment
    8DGfGVF.png
  • Options
    Arthus DawnbreakerArthus Dawnbreaker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The melee swings have the wrong type FX on them thats the problem. When a tank swings a sword you should feel the power of it. Maybe even improving the type of sound they use for the swing. I also suggest adding more war cries when swinging the sword. maybe adding a huge dust cloud to feel the power of the swing instead of and bright particle fx. the swing animation should feel heavy not light but also you should feel the weight of the weapon but also the power and impact of it hitting the npc.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    I agree that melee weapons do not need any effects.
    They just need to look impactful

This.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png