Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Npc locations

Would it not be cool if the npcs were not standing still in stationary spots but actually moving around their area/city based on time of day like skyrim. Feel like it would just lead to a more intergrating experience

Comments

• Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I hope they get to that too.
  • Options
    GaluxGalux Member
    Yes, makes the spot feel more active & alive. Gotta have a few stationaries as well but you know, a healthy mix of both :)
    8DGfGVF.png
  • Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm fine w/ that come launch but that'd be insanely bad right now when there's a large chunk of quests that break daily and movement would make that even worse
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    R0UGER0UGE Member
    Maezriel wrote: »
    I'm fine w/ that come launch but that'd be insanely bad right now when there's a large chunk of quests that break daily and movement would make that even worse

Yeah I agree that this would have to be a feature that would be implemented later on in development or even just before launch
  • Options
    I am hoping that by launch the NPCs are more alive and the wildlife also move around. Perhaps they fight each other.

I am still waiting for an MMO that is like the Witcher 3 where the NPCs know when it is night time and they move to another location .
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Shinozuka wrote: »
    I am still waiting for an MMO that is like the Witcher 3 where the NPCs know when it is night time and they move to another location .

Agreed. Though my first encounter with NPC's having 'lives' was in Ultima VII - and that was in 1992. 30 years in Moore's Law is like an eon, we should have a solution for this by now. ;)

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Shinozuka wrote: »

Doesn't BDO do this?
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.